Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Iran Condemns Us Strikes On Maritime Infrastructure At Imo Meet

Iran condemns US strikes on maritime infrastructure at IMO meet

Iran has accused the United States of endangering maritime security through strikes on ports and coastal infrastructure. The allegations were raised at the IMO meeting in London, while Washington said its operations targeted Iranian military assets linked to threats against shipping.

By IANS
Published Date - 9 July 2026, 11:59 PM
Iran condemns US strikes on maritime infrastructure at IMO meet
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

London: Iran on Thursday strongly condemned US “military aggression” against Iranian ports, coastal areas and maritime infrastructure over the past two nights, saying the strikes had endangered maritime safety and security.

Speaking at the 137th session of the Council of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) in London, an Iranian representative said the targets of the US strikes included the maritime traffic control tower at Chabahar Port, civilian fishing vessels and equipment specifically dedicated to ensuring the safety and security of navigation.


“These attacks constitute a manifestly unlawful use of force against the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Islamic Republic of Iran and have directly endangered civilian lives, seafarers, commercial shipping and the marine environment,” he said.

The representative criticised the United States for invoking freedom of navigation while attacking maritime traffic control facilities and safety equipment established to protect vessels and seafarers, Xinhua news agency reported.

“A state cannot credibly claim to defend maritime security while destroying the very infrastructure upon which safe navigation depends,” he said.

He stressed that the deterioration of maritime safety and security was not the cause of the current crisis, but “one among the many direct consequences” of what he called the war of aggression waged by the United States and Israel against Iran.

US Central Command said earlier that its forces had completed an additional round of strikes to degrade Iran’s ability to attack commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, marking the second consecutive day of such action.

US forces struck approximately 90 Iranian military targets, including air defence systems, coastal surveillance assets, missile and drone storage sites, naval capabilities, and military logistics infrastructure along Iran’s coastline, the command said.

Iran’s IRGC and army said they struck US military bases and facilities in Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Chabahar Port attack
  • Iran maritime security
  • Iran US strikes
  • Strait of Hormuz

Related News

  • Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

  • Iran, Oman agree on Strait of Hormuz shipping routes

    Iran, Oman agree on Strait of Hormuz shipping routes

  • Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

    Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

  • Sensex, Nifty end lower as oil prices rise amid Hormuz uncertainty

    Sensex, Nifty end lower as oil prices rise amid Hormuz uncertainty

Latest News

  • Naidu alleges irregularities in APPSC Group-1 exams under YSRCP regime

    6 hours ago
  • Hyundai Motor India to hike vehicle prices by up to 1 pc from September

    6 hours ago
  • Congress to launch grassroots campaign on paper leaks, ‘chanda chori’

    6 hours ago
  • Pakistan protests US envoy’s remarks on Jammu and Kashmir

    6 hours ago
  • IndiGo website hit by technical snag, flyers face booking issues

    7 hours ago
  • Gujarat: Four dead, 18 hospitalised in Bhavnagar hooch tragedy

    7 hours ago
  • Amit Shah to chair Southern Zonal Council meet in TN

    7 hours ago
  • Editorial: Indian Railways—basic amenities off track

    7 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam