Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Israel Defence Forces Carries Out Fresh Strikes On Hezbollah In Lebanon

Israel Defence Forces carries out fresh strikes on Hezbollah in Lebanon

IDF have struck the Hezbollah "military infrastructure" in Lebanon as a retaliatory move to Sunday's fire

By ANI
Published Date - 16 October 2023, 09:30 AM
Israel Defence Forces carries out fresh strikes on Hezbollah in Lebanon
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Tel Aviv: Israel Defence Forces (IDF) have struck the Hezbollah “military infrastructure” in Lebanon as a retaliatory move to Sunday’s fire, The Times of Israel reported.

The attacks were in reaction to Sunday’s fire from Lebanon that was directed against Israel.

Also Read

  • Syria launches rockets at northern Israel: IDF
  • IDF claims to have killed militants infiltrating from Lebanon

Notably, on Sunday morning, six anti-tank guided missiles were fired towards an Israeli town and military outposts near the Lebanon border, killing at least one civilian, according to The Times of Israel.

Nine further rockets were also fired at Nahariya, a city in the north, and adjacent towns, however, there were no reports of any casualties.

The Lebanese militant group Hezbollah has been cautioned by the United States and its allies against escalating the conflict in Israel. This comes after the deployment of US military assets to prevent a potential widening of the war, multiple US officials aware of the matter told CNN.

At this point, senior administration officials do not believe that Hezbollah is likely to join Hamas’ war in force against Israel, and officials think the warnings are having an impact even though there has been some escalation on the border.

A message has been sent to Hezbollah to stay out of the conflict through a number of channels, including the Lebanese government and the Hezbollah-allied Speaker of Lebanon’s Parliament, Nabih Berri.

At Israel’s request, France has also conveyed to Hezbollah that they must stay out of the war and not escalate further or Israel will respond significantly, a source briefed on the talks said. Those discussions were also coordinated with the US, the source said.

Hezbollah is a highly trained, well-armed and sophisticated military force that also receives Iranian support, so its entry into the conflict would mark a significant escalation.

Meanwhile, US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin has ordered the deployment of a carrier strike group to the eastern Mediterranean in large part as a message to Hezbollah and its Iranian backers to refrain from entering the war.

US security adviser Jake Sullivan told reporters at the White House on Tuesday last week: “Let me be clear, we did not move the carrier for Hamas. We moved the carrier to send a clear message of deterrence to other states or non-state actors that might seek to widen this war.” According to the latest update, 1300 people have been killed, with over 3600 injured, reported The Jerusalem Post.

Israeli Defence Minister Gallant said that an estimated 150-200 hostages are being held by Hamas in the Gaza Strip, adding, “We are making every effort to locate them even in this great complexity.” According to the latest update, 1300 people have been killed, with over 3600 injured.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Israel
  • Lebanon

Related News

  • India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

    India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

  • Trump says US agrees to hold off Iran attack as deal takes shape, cites Hormuz reopening

    Trump says US agrees to hold off Iran attack as deal takes shape, cites Hormuz reopening

  • Trump says Gaza deal reached for Hamas disarmament

    Trump says Gaza deal reached for Hamas disarmament

  • Netanyahu’s first meeting with Trump since Iran war began is chance to smooth over strains

    Netanyahu’s first meeting with Trump since Iran war began is chance to smooth over strains

Latest News

  • AP Police launch hunt for shooting academy coach after family suicide

    29 minutes ago
  • Uttam Kumar Reddy directs cautious water release for irrigation

    34 minutes ago
  • KBR Park one-way traffic system triggers confusion, snarls in Hyderabad

    34 minutes ago
  • TGSRTC revises bus routes around KBR Park amid traffic curbs

    44 minutes ago
  • Delhi HC allows JNU to continue postgraduate admissions amid deprivation points challenge

    44 minutes ago
  • Maanaveeya Development and Finance donates EVs to Hyderabad zoo

    48 minutes ago
  • Veeranari Chakali Ilamma Women’s University faces financial crisis

    54 minutes ago
  • Meta shows greater sensitivity to CSAM after Centre’s intervention: Sources

    58 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam