Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Israeli Strikes Kill 13 In Gaza As Us Pushes Truce

Israeli strikes kill 13 in Gaza as US pushes truce

At least 13 people, including a child, were killed in Israeli strikes across Gaza even as efforts continued to sustain a fragile Israel-Hamas ceasefire, with US President Donald Trump set to announce a “Board of Peace” to oversee the truce

By AP
Published Date - 9 January 2026, 10:50 PM
Israeli strikes kill 13 in Gaza as US pushes truce
Palestinians inspect the damage at a displacement camp following an Israeli strike in Gaza City, Friday. Photo: AP
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Deir al-Balah: Israeli strikes across Gaza killed at least 13 people, according to health officials, as US President Donald Trump was expected to announce the Board of Peace to oversee the fragile ceasefire.

Health officials and family members said at least one child was among the dead in northern Gaza following several strikes there as well as east of Gaza City.


Israel’s army said Friday it struck Hamas infrastructure and fighters in southern and northern Gaza in response to a failed projectile launched by militants from the Gaza City area.

The phased ceasefire between Israel and Hamas remains in its initial stage as efforts continue to recover the remains of the final hostage in Gaza.

Officials say next week Trump is expected to announce the Board of Peace, which he has said he will head, marking an important step forward for his Mideast peace plan. The process has moved slowly since a ceasefire in October ended more than two years of fighting between Israel and Hamas.

The US official and another official spoke on condition of anonymity pending a formal announcement.

On Thursday, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Bulgarian diplomat Nickolay Mladenov would be the “designated” director-general for the board.

Mladenov is a former Bulgarian defence and foreign minister who served as the UN envoy to Iraq before being appointed as the UN Mideast peace envoy from 2015-2020. During that time, he had good working relations with Israel and frequently worked to ease tensions between Israel and Hamas.

Under Trump’s plan, the board would supervise a new technocratic Palestinian government, the disarmament of Hamas, the deployment of an international security force, additional pullbacks of Israeli troops and reconstruction. The US has reported little progress on any of these fronts so far.

On Thursday, Egyptian and European Union leaders met in Cairo and urged the deployment of the international stabilisation force. EU foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas said Hamas still refused to disarm and called the situation “extremely severe.” Israel and Hamas have accused each other of violating the nearly three-month-old ceasefire. Continued Israeli strikes in Gaza have killed more than 400 Palestinians, according to local health officials.

The Israeli military says any actions since the ceasefire began have been in response to violations of the agreement.

The strikes Thursday killed an 11-year-old girl who dreamed of becoming a doctor, a teenage girl and two boys in a tent camp. At least a dozen others were injured, hospital officials said.

 

 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Ceasefire
  • Donald Trump
  • Gaza airstrikes
  • Gaza deaths

Related News

  • Tech leaders rally behind Trump’s crypto push

    Tech leaders rally behind Trump’s crypto push

  • Russian missile barrage kills at least 6 in Kyiv, injures 33

    Russian missile barrage kills at least 6 in Kyiv, injures 33

  • Trump warns Iran of ‘very Draconian sanctions’

    Trump warns Iran of ‘very Draconian sanctions’

  • Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

    Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

Latest News

  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    2 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    3 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    3 hours ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    4 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    3 hours ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    4 hours ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    4 hours ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    4 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam