Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Sport | Jannik Sinner Thrashes Martinez To Reach Fourth Round

Jannik Sinner thrashes Martinez to reach fourth round

World No. 1 Jannik Sinner eased into the Wimbledon fourth round with a straight-sets win over injured Pedro Martinez, extending his flawless serve record and setting up a clash with Grigor Dimitrov

By IANS
Published Date - 6 July 2025, 12:19 AM
Jannik Sinner thrashes Martinez to reach fourth round
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

London: World No. 1 Jannik Sinner advanced to the fourth round of men’s singles at Wimbledon for a fourth consecutive year by overcoming an injured Pedro Martinez 6-1, 6-3, 6-1 here on Saturday. Having dropped just 17 games in his campaign so far, the Italian has equalled the Open Era record for fewest games dropped while reaching the men’s singles fourth round at Wimbledon, held by Jan Kodes in 1972.

Sinner is yet to drop his serve this week. He has won all 37 service games he has played, fending off all eight break points he has faced.


On Saturday, Sinner led Martinez 5-0 in the first set before the Spaniard took a medical timeout to receive treatment on his right shoulder. Martinez struggled to serve at full capacity — often firing first serves at 80 mph – while the Italian remained typically dominant from the back of the court.

“I’m very happy to be in the second week, but I think we all saw he was struggling with the shoulder,” said Sinner in his comments after the match. “He couldn’t serve very well, and especially on this surface, if you can’t serve well, it’s not easy to play. But huge credit to him for coming out. From my side, I tried to stay solid from the back of the court.”

Martinez grew in confidence in a free-hitting display in the second set, carving out four break points in the eighth game. Yet Sinner saved all of them with a mix of bruising ball striking and pinpoint serving to reassert his dominance on the encounter before racing to a one-hour, 55-minute victory.

By reaching the fourth round at a Grand Slam tournament for the 17th time, Sinner overtook Nicola Pietrangeli (16) to claim the all-time Italian record.

Sinner set a clash with Grigor Dimitrov, who moved past Sebastian Ofner 6-3, 6-4, 7-6(0). The 23-year-old Sinner is chasing his fourth major trophy and first at Wimbledon, where he reached the semifinals in 2023 before falling to Novak Djokovic.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Grand Slam tournament
  • Jannik Sinner
  • Novak Djokovic
  • Pedro Martinez

Related News

  • Novak Djokovic ousted from Cincinnati Open in his first match since Wimbledon

    Novak Djokovic ousted from Cincinnati Open in his first match since Wimbledon

  • Jannik Sinner withdraws from Cincinnati Open with knee injury

    Jannik Sinner withdraws from Cincinnati Open with knee injury

  • Lionel Messi says Argentina will give it everything in World Cup final

    Lionel Messi says Argentina will give it everything in World Cup final

  • Lara Dutta reunites with Priyanka Chopra after 26 Years, shares heartwarming pictures from Wimbledon

    Lara Dutta reunites with Priyanka Chopra after 26 Years, shares heartwarming pictures from Wimbledon

Latest News

  • Trisha’s VIP treatment at I-Day event draws Murasoli’s criticism of Vijay

    11 minutes ago
  • Yash Satwalekar, Vignesh Reddy hit centuries in A-Division league

    19 minutes ago
  • India seeks ‘positive and constructive’ relations with Bangladesh: MEA

    26 minutes ago
  • P Roopa Rao wins 100m, 200m gold at Indian Athletics Series

    31 minutes ago
  • Bengaluru to host India’s first World Happpiness Summit

    36 minutes ago
  • Eight UP labourers killed, 32 injured as pickup collides with dumper in MP

    41 minutes ago
  • BRS leaders demand removal of Malkajgiri lands from 22A list

    45 minutes ago
  • Bombay HC suspends life sentence of Dabholkar murder convict Sachin Andure, grants bail

    56 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam