Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Jarange Declares Victory As Maharashtra Accepts Key Maratha Quota Demands

Jarange declares victory as Maharashtra accepts key Maratha quota demands

Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange declared victory at Azad Maidan after the Maharashtra government’s sub-committee accepted most of his demands, including implementation of the Hyderabad Gazette. Jubilant supporters celebrated with slogans, music, and colours, calling it a historic moment for reservation

By PTI
Updated On - 2 September 2025, 06:10 PM
Jarange declares victory as Maharashtra accepts key Maratha quota demands
An agitator holds a cutout of activist Manoj Jarange Patil during his indefinite hunger strike demanding reservation for the Maratha community, in Mumbai, Tuesday. Photo: PTI
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Mumbai: Scenes of triumph and jubilation unfolded at the historic Azad Maidan on Tuesday as Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange declared victory for his agitation after the Maharashtra government’s cabinet sub-committee, headed by Minister Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil on Maratha quota accepted most of his demands.

Thousands of protesters, who gathered in the city in support of Jarange’s hunger strike last week, cheered for him and were moved to tears as he said, “Jitlo re raje ho apan” (we have won my friends).


They hung on to the activist’s every word as he read the draft of the cabinet sub-committee and erupted in joyful cries. Vikhe Patil met Jarange in the afternoon with other members of the cabinet sub-committee — Shivendrasinh Bhosale, Uday Samant, Manikrao Kokate — at Azad Maidan and discussed the draft finalised by the committee.

The sub-committee accepted Jarange’s demands to implement the Hyderabad Gazette and stated that Marathas with Kunbi records will be given caste certificates after conducting a proper inquiry.

Jarange read out the committee’s draft points to his supporters, which stated that it accepted the implementation of the Hyderabad Gazette, and a GR will be issued immediately. The ground reverberated with slogans hailing the activist and Maratha king, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, as crowds danced to the beats of the ‘Halgi’ (traditional frame drum). “I am a farmer and my time is over, but my children will get a good education thanks to this,” Bhagwat Satwaji Garad told PTI.

The 40-year-old, hailing from Rajegaon in Beed district, had joined the protest in Mumbai five days ago. “I struggled a lot to get a proper education. But now, we will not face problems in getting a good education and government jobs,” he said.

Echoing similar sentiments, Shrikrishna Kachare, a resident of Majalgaon in Beed, said that the reservation will help his children, and their quality of life will improve.
“I thank the government for accepting our demands. I am happy with the government’s stand,” said Rudra Sonawane, a farmer from Nanded district.

Jubilant crowds sporting saffron scarves were seen celebrating in front of the Brihanmumai Municipal Corporation, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, and areas around Azad Maidan, throwing gulal in the air and playing band music.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Azad Maidan
  • Maharashtra Government
  • Manoj Jarange
  • Maratha quota

Related News

  • Marathi language rule: Action begins against non-compliant auto, taxi drivers in Maharashtra

    Marathi language rule: Action begins against non-compliant auto, taxi drivers in Maharashtra

  • Indian Navy sailor, family found dead in Navy Nagar home; probe underway

    Indian Navy sailor, family found dead in Navy Nagar home; probe underway

  • Nifty, Sensex post weekly losses amid crude price rise and global uncertainty

    Nifty, Sensex post weekly losses amid crude price rise and global uncertainty

  • Fadnavis’s response on closure of 36,000 companies a verbal jugglery: NCP (SP)

    Fadnavis’s response on closure of 36,000 companies a verbal jugglery: NCP (SP)

Latest News

  • Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

    2 hours ago
  • Labourer arrested for allegedly harassing two MBBS interns in Haryana college

    2 hours ago
  • Opinion: Break the chain of online child sexual exploitation

    2 hours ago
  • Editorial: Caste census exercise gets tricky

    2 hours ago
  • Dhanush Srikanth nominated for prestigious Arjuna Award

    2 hours ago
  • Goa moves SC seeking life term for Tarun Tejpal in sexual assault case

    2 hours ago
  • Nearly 100 crore Indian electors issued special voter ID cards: ECI

    2 hours ago
  • Woman killed after speeding car hits her in Madhapur

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam