Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Kerala Hc Withdraws Police Protection For Viral Kumbh Mela Star Monalisa Bhosle

Kerala HC withdraws police protection for Viral Kumbh Mela Star Monalisa Bhosle

The Kerala High Court vacated its interim order granting police protection to Monalisa Bhosle after authorities said they could not trace her using details provided in her petition. The court allowed her to seek fresh protection by approaching police in writing

By PTI
Published Date - 10 July 2026, 04:16 PM
Kerala HC withdraws police protection for Viral Kumbh Mela Star Monalisa Bhosle
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Friday vacated its interim order granting police protection to Monalisa Bhosle, the young woman who shot to national fame as the Viral Kumbh Mela Star, after the State informed the court that police were unable to trace her using the address and contact details furnished in her petition.

Justice Bechu Kurian Thomas withdrew the interim protection after the Government Pleader submitted that repeated attempts by the police to contact Monalisa had failed.


According to the State, officers were unable to locate the petitioner despite efforts to provide the protection ordered by the court.

“The police wanted to provide protection, but the petitioner could not be traced. This has become a regular pattern. Every time she approaches the court seeking police protection, the police are unable to contact her,” the Government Pleader submitted before the court. Monalisa’s counsel told the court that he had no instructions from his client regarding the State’s submissions.

Taking note of the developments, the court vacated its interim order issued on June 19. However, it clarified that if Monalisa approaches the police in writing seeking protection, the authorities must provide the necessary security.

The case has been posted for further hearing on July 21. Monalisa had approached the High Court alleging that she had become the target of hate campaigns on mainstream media and social media platforms after marrying Mohammed Farmaan, a Muslim.

She became a household name during the Maha Kumbh celebrations after videos of her selling ‘rudraksha’ garlands went viral on social media, earning her the sobriquet Viral Kumbh Mela Star.

The legal battle surrounding the couple has witnessed several twists over the past few months.

Earlier this year, while in Kerala for a film shoot, Monalisa sought police assistance claiming that her family was opposing her marriage to Farmaan. The couple subsequently got married.

Her father later lodged a complaint in Madhya Pradesh alleging that Farmaan had abducted her, prompting the couple to move the Kerala High Court.

The court had earlier granted Farmaan one month’s transit anticipatory bail to enable him to seek regular relief before the competent courts in Madhya Pradesh.

The couple has also approached the Madhya Pradesh High Court alleging that Monalisa’s birth certificate had been forged to falsely invoke provisions of the POCSO Act against Farmaan. However, last week, the Kerala High Court declined to extend Farmaan’s transit anticipatory bail after a POCSO court in Madhya Pradesh rejected his plea for anticipatory bail, leaving the couple’s legal battle spread across courts in two States.

 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Justice
  • Kerala High Court
  • Mohammed Farmaan
  • Monalisa Bhosle

Related News

  • Kerala HC wins Gold Award at National e-Governance Awards 2026

    Kerala HC wins Gold Award at National e-Governance Awards 2026

  • Rajendranagar MLA’s son claims threat to life, seeks police protection

    Rajendranagar MLA’s son claims threat to life, seeks police protection

  • Kerala HC orders fresh crowd management plan for Karkidaka Vavu Bali at Thirumullavaram

    Kerala HC orders fresh crowd management plan for Karkidaka Vavu Bali at Thirumullavaram

  • Kerala HC grants bail to nine accused in attack on ED officials after Vijayan house search

    Kerala HC grants bail to nine accused in attack on ED officials after Vijayan house search

Latest News

  • Army Public School Bolarum students win TCS InQuizitive 2026 Hyderabad edition

    21 minutes ago
  • Malkajgiri Municipal Corporation to implement ‘free left’ lanes at six stretches to ease traffic

    23 minutes ago
  • Telangana launches online complaint system for private schools

    1 hour ago
  • Treesa-Gayatri credit home crowd after reaching BWF World Championships quarterfinals

    1 hour ago
  • ACB registers DA case against Ibrahimpatnam revenue official, searches six locations

    3 minutes ago
  • KBR Park traffic loop leaves pedestrians struggling with missing footpaths, crossings

    1 hour ago
  • AP Rajya Sabha MP’s son arrested in Hyderabad accident death case

    1 hour ago
  • Polytechnic education faces crisis in Telangana over proposed shift to Skills University

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam