Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Kids Injured In France Mass Stabbing Attack Stable

Kids injured in France mass stabbing attack stable

Video footage of the attack uploaded to social media shows a little playground where children are running around, while their parents and minders are also present.

By IANS
Published Date - 9 June 2023, 09:49 AM
Kids injured in France mass stabbing attack stable
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Paris: Four children, aged between 1 to 3 years old, who were injured in a mass stabbing attack at a park in the French town of Annecy, are now in a stable condition, officials confirmed.

The officials told the BBC that the injured children, including a three-year-old British child, are currently being treated in hospital.
Two adults were also injured in Thursday’s attack, out of which one remains in a critical condition.

Also Read

  • Documentary row: BBC, Wikimedia say Delhi court doesn’t have jurisdiction to try case
  • Singapore hangs Tamil man over cannabis charge

Video footage of the attack uploaded to social media shows a little playground where children are running around, while their parents and minders are also present.

Then the suspect, a 31-year-old Syrian who had refugee status in Sweden, comes in with a knife and starts attacking the children, some in pushchairs, before fleeing the scene and stabbing an elderly man nearby.

Police intervened and the perpetrator was shot in the legs. He was arrested at the scene.

During the incident, the attacker invoked the name of Jesus Christ, reports the BBC.

Shortly after the attack, Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne and Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin visited the crime spot.

Addressing reporters, Borne said the attacker has “no criminal or psychiatric record”.

Meanwhile, Annecy prosecutor Line Bonnet-Mathis has said that “doesn’t seem to be any kind of terrorist motivation”.

Police have said that the suspect has refugee status in Sweden and recently came to France, leaving behind a wife and three-year-old daughter.

In an unsuccessful asylum application last year for refugee status in France, he said he was a Syrian Christian.

The French National Assembly observed a minute of silence and roads are blocked around the scene of the attack.

President Emmanuel Macron tweeted that the nation was in “shock” over the “act of cowardice”.

“Absolute cowardice this morning in a park in Annecy. Children and an adult are between life and death. The nation is in shock. Our thoughts are with them, their families and the emergency services.”

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • BBC
  • France

Related News

  • Iran warns France against interference in internal affairs

    Iran warns France against interference in internal affairs

  • India initiates efforts to join France-led sixth-generation fighter programme FCAS

    India initiates efforts to join France-led sixth-generation fighter programme FCAS

  • FIFA WC 2026: Bukayo Saka proud to join England’s World Cup hat-trick legends after France rout

    FIFA WC 2026: Bukayo Saka proud to join England’s World Cup hat-trick legends after France rout

  • European troops, warplanes join Paris Bastille Day parade in show of unity for Ukraine 

    European troops, warplanes join Paris Bastille Day parade in show of unity for Ukraine 

Latest News

  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    2 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    3 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    3 hours ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    4 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    3 hours ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    4 hours ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    4 hours ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    4 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam