Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Kuwait Says It Faces Missile Drone Attack As Shaky Ceasefire In Iran War Again Challenged

Kuwait says it faces missile, drone attack as shaky ceasefire in Iran war again challenged

Kuwait reported a missile and drone attack amid renewed Iran war tensions after US strikes near Bandar Abbas. Iran retaliated, targeting a US base. The Strait of Hormuz remains closed, worsening the global energy crisis and complicating ceasefire negotiations 

By AP
Published Date - 28 May 2026, 12:52 PM
Kuwait says it faces missile, drone attack as shaky ceasefire in Iran war again challenged
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Dubai: Kuwait said it faced a missile and drone attack Thursday as the shaky ceasefire in the Iran war was again challenged after the United States conducted strikes targeting Iran and Tehran said it responded with an attack of its own.

Kuwait’s military made the announcement, without providing further details on what had been targeted.


Kuwait repeatedly came under fire from Iran and Iranian-backed Shiite militias in Iraq during the war. No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.

The announcement by Kuwait’s military comes as the Middle East remains on the edge over the ceasefire and ongoing negotiations between Tehran and Washington which as of yet have not reopened the Strait of Hormuz.

The strait is the narrow mouth of the Persian Gulf through which about a fifth of all oil and natural gas traded once passed.

Its closure has sparked a global energy shortage that experts warn only will intensify in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, the US is trying to get Iran to give up its stockpile of highly enriched uranium while the Islamic Republic seeks the lifting of economic sanctions and the release of frozen assets to aid its shattered economy.

Earlier Thursday morning, US officials said that US Central Command forces shot down four Iranian one-way attack drones that posed a threat around the Strait of Hormuz, according to US officials who were not authorised to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity. The US military also struck an Iranian ground control station in Bandar Abbas that was about to launch a fifth drone, the officials said.

Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard via the state-run IRNA news agency acknowledged the attack around Bandar Abbas International Airport, a dual-use airport on the strait, and said it launched its own retaliatory attack on the air base that launched the assault. It did not elaborate on the target and it wasn’t clear whether the attack on Kuwait was directly related.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Bandar Abbas
  • Iran War
  • Kuwait
  • missile drone attack

Related News

  • Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

    Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

  • Trump says Gulf leaders’ input weighed heavily in decision to hold off on ordering new Iran strikes

    Trump says Gulf leaders’ input weighed heavily in decision to hold off on ordering new Iran strikes

  • Indian-origin US Army Sergeant Angel Rampersad laid to rest with full military honours

    Indian-origin US Army Sergeant Angel Rampersad laid to rest with full military honours

  • Explainer: What to know about Iran’s Pickaxe Mountain

    Explainer: What to know about Iran’s Pickaxe Mountain

Latest News

  • US tech giant Meta steps up CSAM curbs in India

    3 minutes ago
  • East Bengal FC drawn with Al Hussein, Al Shorta and Al Seeb in AFC Champions League Two

    13 minutes ago
  • Vande Mataram row: We sang what Mahatma, Vajpayee sang, says Congress chief

    17 minutes ago
  • SC to form panel on police excesses against students during NEET protest

    36 minutes ago
  • Wanaparthy MLA Megha Reddy complains against Chinna Reddy, demands action

    45 minutes ago
  • Andhra Pradesh police launch hunt for shooting coach after family suicide

    47 minutes ago
  • I was a huge fan of Harbhajan, says Ashwin

    1 hour ago
  • History-sheeters’ infiltrated July 20 protest, 240 cops injured: Delhi Police tells SC

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today
Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam