Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Moscow Mayor Tells Residents To Avoid Travelling Outdoor Events Suspended

Moscow Mayor tells residents to avoid travelling, outdoor events suspended

Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin telling everyone to refrain from travelling around the city and asking people to restrict their movements

By IANS
Published Date - 24 June 2023, 11:59 PM
Moscow Mayor tells residents to avoid travelling, outdoor events suspended
Photo: IANS
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

London: The Moscow region has suspended all mass outdoor events until July 1, the authorities announced, amid the Wagner private military company’s insurrection and reports that its personnel are heading towards the Russian capital, its as per media reports.

It follows Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin telling everyone to refrain from travelling around the city and asking people to restrict their movements around the capital as rebels from the mercenary Wagner Group appear to be heading towards the city, the BBC reported.

Also Read

  • Russia: Putin calls armed rebellion by mercenary chief a betrayal, vows to punish its leaders
  • Speculation over Putin’s whereabouts amid reports his plane left Moscow

Earlier in the day, life was continuing much as normal, albeit with a heavy security presence, and with roadblocks set up to check vehicles, it added.

Some bridges have also been closed.

“The situation is difficult,” Sobyanin said in his statement posted on Telegram.

He added that it’s possible some roads or neighbourhoods in the city will be closed to traffic.

Sobyanin, has just put out a statement on Telegram announcing that “a counter-terrorist operation regime has been declared in Moscow” and that Monday will be a “non-working day” to “minimise risks”, BBC reported.

He asked Muscovites to “refrain from travelling around the city as much as possible”.

“City services are on high alert,” he said.

Wagner mercenaries appear to be moving north from central regions of Russia, in the direction of the capital, BBC reported.

Verified information from the ground is relatively sparse but Wagner troops appear to be moving north in the direction of Moscow, it said.

This morning, Wagner mercenaries were seen in the southern city of Rostov-on-Don; later, reports came that Wagner troops were in Voronezh, 560km north.

Now, the governor of the Lipetsk region, north of Voronezh, said Wagner troops are moving through the region, BBC reported.

Moscow lies only 400km north. It’s not clear how many troops Wagner has in each place, or how large the group seen in Lipetsk was.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Moscow
  • Russia

Related News

  • Warehouse burns near Moscow. In Ukraine, drone crews prepare to strike again

    Warehouse burns near Moscow. In Ukraine, drone crews prepare to strike again

  • India faces tariff risk as US Senate passes Russia sanctions bill

    India faces tariff risk as US Senate passes Russia sanctions bill

  • Russian missile and drone barrage in Ukrainian capital region kills 15

    Russian missile and drone barrage in Ukrainian capital region kills 15

  • Around two dozen Indians still serving in Russian Army, says Centre

    Around two dozen Indians still serving in Russian Army, says Centre

Latest News

  • Kajal Dhochak wins gold as India bag two silver medals at U20 Wrestling Worlds

    1 second ago
  • Watch: CJP alleges attack during Rajasthan government school visit

    20 minutes ago
  • Lil Star Brings Healthy Baby Snacking with Familiar Ingredients

    16 minutes ago
  • Yash’s ‘Toxic: A Fairy Tale for Grown-Ups’ gets off to a strong start as advance bookings open

    31 minutes ago
  • Mahaprabhu Jagannath to release in cinemas on August 28

    33 minutes ago
  • Meesho expects over 10 lakh seasonal jobs during festive season

    37 minutes ago
  • Kagaznagar roadside vendors dump vegetables on road to protest alleged harassment

    26 minutes ago
  •  Pakistan army chief says Balochistan militants are foreign proxies

    45 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam