Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Mumbai Police On Alert After Whatsapp Threat Claims 14 Terrorists With 400 Kg Rdx

Mumbai police on alert after WhatsApp threat claims 14 terrorists with 400 kg RDX

Mumbai police received a WhatsApp threat claiming 14 terrorists had entered the city with 400 kg of RDX planted in 34 vehicles. Though suspected to be a hoax, security has been tightened ahead of Ganesh immersion processions.

By PTI
Published Date - 6 September 2025, 08:41 AM
Mumbai police on alert after WhatsApp threat claims 14 terrorists with 400 kg RDX
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Mumbai: The Mumbai police are on alert after receiving a threat message claiming 14 terrorists had entered the city with 400 kilograms of RDX that had been planted in 34 vehicles, an official said.

The threat message was received on the traffic police’s WhatsApp helpline on Thursday while the metropolitan force was making security arrangements for Anant Chaturdashi, the 10th day of the Ganesh festival, on Saturday, the official said on Friday.


“This is the same traffic police WhatsApp helpline on which police had received threat messages in the past, which later turned out to be hoaxes. The Crime Branch has launched an investigation, and Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) and other agencies have also been informed,” he said.

The sender, who mentioned the name of an organisation called ‘Lashkar-e-Jihadi’ in the threat message, claimed 14 terrorists had entered the city and planted 400 kg of RDX in 34 vehicles for blasts, he said.

A case was registered at Worli police station against an unidentified person under section 351 (criminal intimidation) of Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita and sub-sections 2,3, and 4, he said.

Prima facie, it seems a hoax, but police are investigating the source of the message with the help of technical analysis, the official added.
He said that the police are taking maximum precautions as there will be a high footfall on the roads on immersion day.

More than 21,000 police personnel will be deployed in the city to maintain law and order during idol immersions.

Lakhs of people are expected to come out on the streets on Saturday as the city bids adieu to Lord Ganesh by immersing idols in the sea, other water bodies, and artificial ponds.

“Traffic police have received such bomb threat messages in the past. There is no need to panic. Security has been beefed up at key locations, and combing operations are underway. Mumbaikars are urged not to believe in rumours and report any suspicious activity,” another official said.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • 3 terrorists killed in J&K
  • bomb threat
  • High alert
  • Mumbai

Related News

  • Marathi language rule: Action begins against non-compliant auto, taxi drivers in Maharashtra

    Marathi language rule: Action begins against non-compliant auto, taxi drivers in Maharashtra

  • Indian Navy sailor, family found dead in Navy Nagar home; probe underway

    Indian Navy sailor, family found dead in Navy Nagar home; probe underway

  • Nifty, Sensex post weekly losses amid crude price rise and global uncertainty

    Nifty, Sensex post weekly losses amid crude price rise and global uncertainty

  • Fadnavis’s response on closure of 36,000 companies a verbal jugglery: NCP (SP)

    Fadnavis’s response on closure of 36,000 companies a verbal jugglery: NCP (SP)

Latest News

  • Staff shortage, medicine crunch hit Basthi Dawakhanas across Hyderabad

    5 minutes ago
  • SC seeks Centre, states’ response on PIL against police posting accused identities online

    14 minutes ago
  • Suryakumar Yadav to be Brand Ambassador of JITO Premier League in Colombo

    20 minutes ago
  • BRS asks why Congress government failed to challenge stay on Kalyana Lakshmi, Shaadi Mubarak

    28 minutes ago
  • BRS condemns demolition of former Narsampet MLA Peddi Sudarshan Reddy’s statue

    32 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad sailors make history at International Cadet Class World Championships

    38 minutes ago
  • Urea shortage continues to trouble farmers in erstwhile Medak district

    52 minutes ago
  • Nalgonda Congress differences resurface as Anil Kumar Reddy targets Rajgopal Reddy

    60 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam