Monday, Aug 24, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Netanyahu Vows No Return To Pre October 7 Status Quo In

Netanyahu vows no return to pre-October 7 status quo in

Israel has warned Hamas of intensified targeted strikes if the launch of incendiary balloons, kites, and drones from Gaza continues. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Israel Katz, after a high-level security assessment, stressed that Israel will not revert to pre-October 7 conditions and vowed to protect its citizens.

By IANS
Published Date - 24 August 2026, 12:25 AM
Netanyahu vows no return to pre-October 7 status quo in
File photo
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Jerusalem:  Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Israel Katz held a situational assessment on Sunday and warned Hamas of increased targeted strikes if the launch of balloons and kites from the Gaza Strip does not stop.

The situational assessment was regarding the threat of drones, balloons and kites launched from the Gaza Strip toward Israel.


The discussion was attended by Chief of the General Staff, Lieutenant General Eyal Zamir, the Head of the National Security Council, and senior Israeli Defence Force (IDF) officials.

“Israel warns Hamas that if the launches toward Israel do not cease immediately, the IDF will act to increase targeted strikes against those responsible for the launches and will evacuate the population from areas used as launch sites for kites, drones, and balloons,” the joint statement said.

“The Prime Minister clarified that there will be no return to the state of affairs prior to October 7. Israel will not allow the Hamas terrorist organisation or any other element in the Gaza Strip to threaten our communities again and compromise our citizens’ sense of security,” it added.

Last week, the Israeli Prime Minister’s Office announced that Netanyahu and the Board of Peace have agreed to establish working groups on disarmament and demilitarisation of Gaza.

“The Prime Minister and Board of Peace had deep and constructive discussions. It was agreed to establish two working groups, one on disarmament and demilitarisation of Gaza, which both Israel and the Board of Peace are determined should be prompt and completed before any reconstruction happens in Gaza. A second working group will focus on sanitation, clean water and other public health issues for the people of Gaza, which also impact the people of Israel,” the Israeli Prime Minister’s office said on social media platform X.

On August 5, Netanyahu said that the country will not withdraw its forces from their current positions in Gaza until Hamas is fully disarmed.

“We are instructing IDF (Israel Defence Forces) soldiers to do whatever is necessary to protect themselves, our territory and our citizens,” Netanyahu said in a video released on social media.

 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • balloon attack
  • Benjamin Netanyahu
  • Gaza strip
  • Hamas

Related News

  • PM Modi to address UNGA high-level meet in New York in September

    PM Modi to address UNGA high-level meet in New York in September

  • US envoy Jared Kushner meets Hamas chief in Cairo to revive Gaza ceasefire

    US envoy Jared Kushner meets Hamas chief in Cairo to revive Gaza ceasefire

  • Israel rejects Trump’s Gaza deal, insists on disarmament of Hamas

    Israel rejects Trump’s Gaza deal, insists on disarmament of Hamas

  • Netanyahu dials PM Modi, India, Israel reaffirm special strategic ties

    Netanyahu dials PM Modi, India, Israel reaffirm special strategic ties

Latest News

  • Journalist who flagged Ram temple donation ‘theft’ moves SC against FIR in road rage case

    50 seconds ago
  • Guinea landfill collapse claims 30 lives amid torrential rains

    13 minutes ago
  • Netanyahu vows no return to pre-October 7 status quo in

    34 minutes ago
  • Editorial: Asim Munir—making of a dictator

    36 minutes ago
  • Southern Railway crowned champions in 61st All India Railway Ball Badminton Championship

    1 hour ago
  • India Open 2028 shifted to Guwahati over Republic Day security

    1 hour ago
  • Sajad Lone questions Rahul Gandhi’s silence on Kashmir pellet victims

    1 hour ago
  • Harish Rao warns of Assembly disruption, siege Secretariat over 22A list

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam