Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Cricket | Open To New Information On Ball Tampering Scandal Says Cricket Australia

Open to new information on ball tampering scandal, says Cricket Australia

Cameron Bancroft, who was suspended from cricket for his involvement in ball-tampering scandal has indicated that Australian bowlers too were aware of the unfair tactics.

By IANS
Updated On - 16 May 2021, 10:23 PM
Open to new information on ball tampering scandal, says Cricket Australia
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Sydney: Cricket Australia (CA) said it is open to new information on the 2018 ball tampering scandal after Cameron Bancroft, who was at the centre of the incident, indicated that the bowlers were aware of the changes being made to the ball.

“CA has maintained all along that if anyone is in possession of new information in regard to the Cape Town Test of 2018, they should come forward and present it,” a CA spokesman is quoted as saying by ESPNCricinfo.


“The investigation conducted at the time was detailed and comprehensive. Since then, no one has presented new information to CA that casts doubt on the investigation’s findings,” the spokesman further said.

Bancroft, who was suspended from cricket for his involvement in ball-tampering scandal along with Steve Smith and David Warner during a Test match against South Africa in March 2018, has indicated that Australian bowlers too were aware of the unfair tactics.

“Yeah, look, all I wanted to do was to be responsible and accountable for my own actions and part. Yeah, obviously what I did benefits bowlers and the awareness around that, probably, is self-explanatory. I guess one thing I learnt through the journey and being responsible is that’s where the buck stops (with Bancroft himself). Had I had better awareness I would have made a much better decision,” said the 28-year-old batsman while speaking to ‘The Guardian’ in England where he is due to play county cricket for Durham.

“Uh yeah, look, I think, yeah, I think it’s pretty probably self-explanatory,” he added on being asked about the involvement of bowling attack that comprised Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .


  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Australia
  • Ball Tampering
  • ball-tampering scandal
  • Bancroft

Related News

  • Eastern Naval Command beat City Police by 96 runs to win VDCA title

    Eastern Naval Command beat City Police by 96 runs to win VDCA title

  • ‘We gave it our all’: Hasan Mahmud reveals secret behind Bangladesh’s historic Australia triumph

    ‘We gave it our all’: Hasan Mahmud reveals secret behind Bangladesh’s historic Australia triumph

  • Tanzid Hasan becomes first Bangladesh batter to hit Test ton against Australia

    Tanzid Hasan becomes first Bangladesh batter to hit Test ton against Australia

  • Gardner seeks privacy after personal controversy as CA backs her leadership

    Gardner seeks privacy after personal controversy as CA backs her leadership

Latest News

  • Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

    5 hours ago
  • Labourer arrested for allegedly harassing two MBBS interns in Haryana college

    5 hours ago
  • Opinion: Break the chain of online child sexual exploitation

    5 hours ago
  • Editorial: Caste census exercise gets tricky

    5 hours ago
  • Dhanush Srikanth nominated for prestigious Arjuna Award

    5 hours ago
  • Goa moves SC seeking life term for Tarun Tejpal in sexual assault case

    5 hours ago
  • Nearly 100 crore Indian electors issued special voter ID cards: ECI

    6 hours ago
  • Woman killed after speeding car hits her in Madhapur

    6 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam