Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Pakistani Airstrike In Balochistan Injures Nine Civilians Says Rights Body

Pakistani airstrike in Balochistan injures nine civilians, says rights body

A Pakistani airstrike in Balochistan’s Chiltan Hills injured nine civilians, a rights group said, alleging an attempt to conceal the incident. The organisation urged the UN to investigate what it called part of a recurring pattern of indiscriminate military operations.

By IANS
Published Date - 6 November 2025, 02:18 PM
Pakistani airstrike in Balochistan injures nine civilians, says rights body
Representational image.
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Quetta: At least nine Baloch civilians were injured after Pakistani military forces carried out an aerial attack on the Chiltan Hills in Balochistan, said a leading human rights organisation on Thursday.

Citing verified reports and eyewitness accounts, Paank, the Baloch National Movement’s Human Rights Department, mentioned that on October 28, an aerial bombardment by the Pakistani forces struck a group of young civilians gathered for a picnic in the Chiltan mountain range near the provincial capital Quetta.


The victims were identified as Jahanzaib Mohammad Shahi, Imrani Sumalani, Maqbool Ahmed, Zahid Baloch, Manzoor Ahmed, Daulat Khan, Arbab Baloch, Rafeeq Lehri, and Wajid Ali.

The rights body alleged that, despite credible evidence, Pakistani authorities have attempted to conceal the incident. Paank described the attack as part of a wider pattern of indiscriminate air operations in Balochistan that have repeatedly endangered civilians.

“The Chiltan Hills area, located on the outskirts of Quetta, has seen increased military presence and air activity in recent months. These actions are part of Pakistan’s ongoing counter-insurgency operations. Local communities have repeatedly reported fear and insecurity as civilians continue to be caught in operations where no verified militant presence has been established,” Paank stated.

“This is not the first instance of civilians being targeted in aerial operations. On 5 October 2025, a drone strike in the Moola Pass area of Zehri, District Kalat, killed six civilians, including four children and two adults, and injured three others. Despite video and eyewitness evidence, the state continues to deny responsibility for civilian deaths,” it added.

Condemning the Chiltan Hills attack in the strongest terms, Paank said that targeting civilians under the guise of “counter-insurgency” represents a serious breach of both domestic and international law.

The rights body claimed that no independent investigation has been announced so far, while the families of the victims have reportedly been pressured to remain silent, and media access to the site has been restricted. The civil society groups in Balochistan also condemned the incident as a clear violation of international humanitarian law, which prohibits indiscriminate or disproportionate use of force.

“The Chiltan Hills air strike once again demonstrates a systematic pattern of impunity in Balochistan, where innocent civilians are repeatedly victimised under military operations. Without independent oversight and justice, such incidents are likely to continue,” Paank stressed.

The rights body called on the United Nations Human Rights Council and international human rights organisations to launch an independent investigation into this and previous airstrikes. It also urged the global community to press Pakistan to uphold its obligations under international humanitarian law and protect civilians in all circumstances.

 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Balochistan
  • civilians injured
  • Pakistani attack
  • Quetta

Related News

  • Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

    Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

  • People raise concern over communication blackout in Pakistan’s Balochistan

    People raise concern over communication blackout in Pakistan’s Balochistan

  • Six workers abducted from mining site in Pakistan’s Balochistan

    Six workers abducted from mining site in Pakistan’s Balochistan

  • Twenty injured in blast near railway track in Pakistan’s Balochistan

    Twenty injured in blast near railway track in Pakistan’s Balochistan

Latest News

  • Telangana HC refuses to stay Raidurgam land auction

    2 minutes ago
  • Indian national declared bankrupt in Singapore over unpaid wages

    35 minutes ago
  • Amit Shah to attend SSB, border security programmes in Siliguri

    54 minutes ago
  • Aisha Wahab becomes first Afghan-American elected to US Congress

    1 hour ago
  • Charter plane carrying eight crashes in western Alaska

    1 hour ago
  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    8 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    9 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    9 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam