Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Raghav Chadha Welcomes Delhi Hc Decision Allowing Him To Stay On In Govt Bungalow

Raghav Chadha welcomes Delhi HC decision allowing him to stay on in govt bungalow

In a relief to Chadha, the Delhi HC on Tuesday allowed the MP's plea challenging the trial court's vacation of its interim order preventing the Rajya Sabha Secretariat from evicting him from the bungalow

By PTI
Published Date - 17 October 2023, 04:49 PM
Raghav Chadha welcomes Delhi HC decision allowing him to stay on in govt bungalow
File Photo
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: AAP MP Raghav Chadha on Tuesday welcomed the Delhi High Court decision allowing his plea to stay his eviction from the government bungalow allotted to him and claimed that the cancellation of allotment was a case of political vendetta.

In a relief to Chadha, the court on Tuesday allowed the MP’s plea challenging the trial court’s vacation of its interim order preventing the Rajya Sabha Secretariat from evicting him from the bungalow. The trial court’s decision had cleared the decks for Chadha’s eviction.

Also Read

  • Delhi HC allows Raghav Chadha to stay on in his govt bungalow

Justice Anup Jairam Bhambhani said the April 18 order of the trial court, which had directed the Rajya Sabha Secretariat not to evict Chadha, stands revived and shall remain in force till the time the trial court decides his application for interim relief.

In his statement on ‘X’, Chadha said, “I welcome the decision of the Hon’ble Delhi High Court to set aside the order of the trial court, which was against me. The cancellation of this allotment was a clear case of political vendetta, aimed at silencing a young, vocal parliamentarian.” The MP also said that opposition voices were being “deliberately targeted”.

“This is not a fight for home or shop but to save the Constitution. In the end, truth and justice have prevailed,” he said in the post.

Chadha had challenged the trial court’s October 5 order, which vacated its April 18 order. The court had said in the later order that Chadha could not claim an absolute right to occupy the government bungalow during his entire tenure as a Rajya Sabha member even after the cancellation of the allotment.

The Rajya Sabha Secretariat had opposed his petition against the trial court’s decision.

Chadha was on July 6 last year allotted a ‘Type 6’ bungalow at Pandara Park but he made a representation to the Rajya Sabha chairman on August 29, requesting for a ‘Type 7’ accommodation. He was then allotted another bungalow on Pandara Road from the Rajya Sabha pool.

However, in March this year, the allotment was cancelled.

As a first-time MP, Chadha is entitled to a Type-5 accommodation in the normal course, according to the Rajya Sabha Members Handbook released in April 2022.

The handbook says MPs who are former Union cabinet ministers, former governors or former chief ministers, and former Lok Sabha Speakers, are entitled to Type-7 bungalows, the second largest category available to Rajya Sabha members.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Delhi High Court
  • Raghav Chadha

Related News

  • Delhi HC seeks Centre’s response on plea to remove videos targeting Sai Baba

    Delhi HC seeks Centre’s response on plea to remove videos targeting Sai Baba

  • Delhi HC closes UGC-NET plea after Centre announces retest

    Delhi HC closes UGC-NET plea after Centre announces retest

  • Delhi HC allows JNU to continue postgraduate admissions amid deprivation points challenge

    Delhi HC allows JNU to continue postgraduate admissions amid deprivation points challenge

  • Life sentence cannot become retributive death by incarceration: Delhi HC releases rape convict

    Life sentence cannot become retributive death by incarceration: Delhi HC releases rape convict

Latest News

  • Lil Star Brings Healthy Baby Snacking with Familiar Ingredients

    13 seconds ago
  • Yash’s ‘Toxic: A Fairy Tale for Grown-Ups’ gets off to a strong start as advance bookings open

    11 minutes ago
  • Mahaprabhu Jagannath to release in cinemas on August 28

    12 minutes ago
  • Meesho expects over 10 lakh seasonal jobs during festive season

    16 minutes ago
  • Kagaznagar roadside vendors dump vegetables on road to protest alleged harassment

    5 minutes ago
  •  Pakistan army chief says Balochistan militants are foreign proxies

    24 minutes ago
  • Taapsee Pannu’s Gandhari to release on Netflix on September 3

    28 minutes ago
  • Kiara Advani calls ‘Toxic’ more than a fairy tale, praises its ‘peculiar alchemy’

    6 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam