Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Sc Issues Notice On Ntas Fresh Batch Of Transfer Pleas On Neet Ug

SC issues notice on NTA’s fresh batch of transfer pleas on NEET-UG

Bench refuses to pass a formal order staying the proceedings pending before the Rajasthan High Court

By IANS
Published Date - 15 July 2024, 01:57 PM
SC issues notice on NTA’s fresh batch of transfer pleas on NEET-UG
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice on a fresh batch of petitions filed by the National Testing Agency (NTA), seeking the transfer of pleas pending before the Rajasthan High Court related to the alleged NEET-UG paper leak, to the apex court.

A Bench presided over by CJI DY Chandrachud ordered tagging of NTA’s transfer plea with the main batch of petitions, including pleas seeking cancellation of the NEET-UG exam, coming up for hearing on July 18. The Bench, also comprising Justices JB Pardiwala and Manoj Misra, refused to pass a formal order staying the proceedings pending before the Rajasthan HC.

Also Read

  • NEET-UG paper leak case: CBI arrests two more persons from Patna

“High Court generally does not proceed once we issue notice,” it told the counsel representing NTA, who pressed for a stay order on proceedings pending before the high court. Earlier on June 20, the top court had stayed the proceedings pending before various high courts of the country pertaining to the alleged NEET-UG paper leak and had allowed the withdrawal of other transfer petitions filed by NTA seeking transfer of writ petitions pending before various high courts pertaining to the award of compensatory marks in view of its earlier order.

In an order passed on June 13, the Supreme Court decided to close the issue relating to the grant of grace marks in the NEET (UG) exam after NTA submitted that scorecards of 1,563 candidates, who were awarded compensatory marks on account of the loss of time, had been withdrawn and cancelled.

These candidates were given an option to appear in a re-test to be held on June 23 or to appear in counselling on the basis of actual marks obtained in the exam without normalisation. Meanwhile, the Centre, in its latest affidavit filed before the top court, said that the data analysis conducted by IIT Madras showed that there was neither any indication of mass malpractice nor a localised set of candidates being benefitted leading to abnormal scores in the NEET-UG examination held on May 5 this year.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • IIT Madras
  • NEET
  • NEET UG
  • NTA

Related News

  • CJP accuses Centre of delaying action on FIR withdrawal

    CJP accuses Centre of delaying action on FIR withdrawal

  • SC rejects plea seeking less painful methods to execute death row convicts

    SC rejects plea seeking less painful methods to execute death row convicts

  • Supreme Court seeks Centre, states’ response on property confiscation in paper leak cases

    Supreme Court seeks Centre, states’ response on property confiscation in paper leak cases

  • SC seeks Centre, states’ response on PIL against police posting accused identities online

    SC seeks Centre, states’ response on PIL against police posting accused identities online

Latest News

  • Flight attendants, pilots face highest risk of radiation-related cancer deaths: Study

    4 minutes ago
  • Polytechnic students oppose merger of polytechnic education with Skill University

    10 minutes ago
  • CJP alleges venue owners faced threats, Kolkata meeting cancelled

    19 minutes ago
  • ECI data shows long-term rise in voter turnout across several states

    32 minutes ago
  • Vizhinjam port starts EXIM operations, capacity to rise to 5.7 million TEUs

    43 minutes ago
  • JSSC-CGL exam cancellation triggers protests, over 2,000 employees face job uncertainty

    59 minutes ago
  • RBI faces challenge in predicting currency demand amid UPI growth

    1 hour ago
  • Dasoju Sravan questions Congress govt’s loot of private property owners through 22A land restrictions

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam