Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Sikkim Governor Flags Off First Kailash Mansarovar Yatra Batch Via Nathu La

Sikkim Governor flags off first Kailash Mansarovar Yatra batch via Nathu La

Sikkim Governor Om Prakash Mathur flagged off the first batch of 44 pilgrims undertaking the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2026 through Nathu La Pass. After acclimatisation in Sikkim, the group entered Tibet and began its journey towards the sacred pilgrimage sites

By PTI
Published Date - 20 June 2026, 06:03 PM
Sikkim Governor flags off first Kailash Mansarovar Yatra batch via Nathu La
Credits: Wikipedia
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Gangtok: Sikkim Governor Om Prakash Mathur on Saturday flagged off the first batch of pilgrims of the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2026 through the Nathu La Pass.

The contingent of 44 pilgrims, including four liaison officers and a medical officer, entered Tibet after completing a four-day acclimatisation programme in Sikkim. The group, comprising 32 men and 12 women from states across India, proceeded towards Gyangze in the Tibet Autonomous Region, a key halt on the route to the revered Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar.


The pilgrims were flagged off from Nathu La by Mathur in the presence of state Tourism Minister Tshering Thendup Bhutia, senior state government officials, personnel of the Indian Army, the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and the Sikkim Tourism Development Corporation.

Describing the occasion as deeply emotional, Mathur said he was “overwhelmed” to send off the first batch of devotees undertaking the sacred pilgrimage through the Himalayan pass. He expressed gratitude to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for facilitating the yatra and lauded the efforts of the Ministry of External Affairs, the Government of Sikkim and the ITBP for ensuring its smooth conduct.

The governor recalled that the pilgrimage had resumed through Nathu La during his tenure last year and said he felt privileged to once again flag off the first batch of yatris. He also thanked the Chinese authorities for their cooperation in facilitating the pilgrimage, noting the importance of Kailash Mansarovar for millions of Hindu devotees.

“I am extremely happy that the holy pilgrimage continues through Nathu La. It is a matter of pride and spiritual significance for the nation,” he said, while wishing the pilgrims a safe and successful journey.

The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra via Nathu La remains one of India’s most significant spiritual journeys, with the Sikkim route offering pilgrims a comparatively accessible passage to the sacred Himalayan abode revered by Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and followers of the Bon faith.

As chants of devotion echoed across the windswept mountain pass, the first batch of yatris embarked on a journey of faith, endurance and spiritual fulfilment towards the legendary Kailash Mansarovar.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2026
  • Nathu La Pass
  • Sikkim Governor
  • Tibet Autonomous Region

Related News

  • First batch of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra pilgrims arrive in Gangtok

    First batch of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra pilgrims arrive in Gangtok

Latest News

  • Army Public School Bolarum students win TCS InQuizitive 2026 Hyderabad edition

    5 minutes ago
  • Malkajgiri Municipal Corporation to implement ‘free left’ lanes at six stretches to ease traffic

    8 minutes ago
  • Telangana launches online complaint system for private schools

    47 minutes ago
  • Treesa-Gayatri credit home crowd after reaching BWF World Championships quarterfinals

    59 minutes ago
  • KBR Park traffic loop leaves pedestrians struggling with missing footpaths, crossings

    60 minutes ago
  • AP Rajya Sabha MP’s son arrested in Hyderabad accident death case

    1 hour ago
  • Polytechnic education faces crisis in Telangana over proposed shift to Skills University

    1 hour ago
  • PV Sindhu’s World Championships medal hopes end after loss to Wang Zhi Yi

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam