-
Cricket Australia (CA) was put on high alert earlier this month after an outbreak of the Covid-19 virus in the northern beaches in Sydney, which is scheduled to host the third Test from January 7
-
According to CA, the leading option was still to play the match from January 7 to 11 in Sydney but if not, swapping the third and fourth Tests between Sydney and Brisbane was the top alternative
-
Australian cricket officials were put on high alert last week after an outbreak of the virus in the northern beaches in Sydney, which will host the third Test from January 7.
-
Victoria, having only participated in two of the opening four rounds held in South Australia, will play seven matches in early 2021. New South Wales and Queensland have six remaining matches each, while all other states have five.
-
India and Australia are slated to lock horns in the four-match Test series, beginning December 17. The first Test would be played at Adelaide Oval and the match would be contested under lights.
-
Earl Eddings, Chair of Cricket Australia, also paid tribute to all those who took part in the famous Brisbane Test of 1960-61 and the enduring bond between the two cricketing sides.
-
The 'Bash Boost' is a bonus point which will be given midway through the second innings
-
CA turned out to be one of the worst affected cricket boards due to the coronavirus pandemic that forced it to lay off a number of employees and cut down salaries of staffers
-
Perth will host five matches in January including four home games for the Scorchers while 11 games have been penciled in for Melbourne. Five of these will be held at Marvel Stadium, with six at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
-
Covid-19 fear forces the officials to take this drastic step to save series against India
-
The side will be led by Tim Paine and In the squad, spinner Chris Green, pacer Sean Abbott, and batsman Will Pucovski have also been included.
-
Cricket Australia unveiled the design, a collaboration between manufacturer ASICS and two Indigenous women, Aunty Fiona Clarke and Courtney Hagen
-
The move to an evening prime time finals series will take the WBBL to more Australian viewers than ever before in just the tournament's second season in a standalone format, CA hopes.
-
It will be the first ever Pink Ball Test the two sides play against each other
-
"Australia and India represents one of the great rivalries in world sport and we are delighted to welcome Virat Kohli's outstanding squad to Australian shores this summer," CA chief Nick Hockley said.
-
According to a report in 'The Australian', the former wicket-keeper batsman will replace Michael Kasprowicz who walked away from the board earlier this year after 11 years in the role.
-
"We're proud to deepen our partnership with Sports Entertainment Network (SEN), in what's already shaping up as a massive summer of cricket," said Hockley as per a Cricket Australia media release.