Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Paris Climate Agreement

Opinion: Central banks can save climate

The next big financial catastrophe could be triggered by climate change but central banks can prevent it

Climate crisis not America’s fight alone, but global one: Joe Biden

He said that the United States accounts for less than 15 per cent of carbon emissions while the rest of the world accounts for 85 per cent.

India will raise its climate ambitions but not under pressure: Javadekar

Javadekar made the remarks during a speech after a meeting with French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian at the French Embassy.

Biden signs executive order rejoining Paris climate agreement

The Paris accord committed the US and 187 other countries to keeping rising global temperatures below 2C above pre-industrial levels.

Biden signs 15 executive orders, reversing Trump’s key policies

His first executive order was launching his 100-day masking challenge, asking Americans to mask up for 100 days.

Biden to sign 15 executive orders on day one as president 

Biden's first presidential actions would also include sending a comprehensive bill on immigration to the Congress, incoming White House officials said.

PM Modi to address global climate summit on December 12

Union Minister of Environment Prakash Javadekar said that climate change is not an overnight phenomenon and it has taken shape in the last 100 years.

Climate emergency

India has set an ambitious renewable energy target but most power plants lack FGD units, which are critical in reducing emissions

Paris Climate Accord and its future

The Paris Climate Agreement is an agreement within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.

Biden vows to rejoin Paris Climate Agreement

On November 4, the US formally withdrew from the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change, a decision originally announced three years ago.

US formally exits Paris Climate Agreement

The historic accord seeks to limit global warming to less than 2 degrees Celsius, the value that climate scientists have determined will have disastrous consequences if exceeded.

Trump accuses China, India and Russia of not taking care of their ‘filthy air’

In 2017, Trump pulled the US out of the 2015 Paris climate agreement, saying the international deal to keep global temperatures rises below 2 degree Celsius was disadvantageous to US workers.

Latest News

- Advertisement -