Sunday, November 28, 2021
HyderabadTelangana to sanction Rs 170 cr to end water shortage: KTR

Telangana to sanction Rs 170 cr to end water shortage: KTR

Published: 6th Aug 2021 9:55 pm

Hyderabad: The State government will sanction an additional Rs 170 crore to end water shortage issues in municipalities within the Outer Ring Road, Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department (MAUD) Minister KT Rama Rao said on Friday.

- Advertisement -

Rama Rao said efforts were on to put an end to water woes of people in new localities that were coming up on the city outskirts. “I have already discussed the issue pertaining to drinking water supply with MAUD Principal Secretary Arvind Kumar and HMWSSB MD Dana Kishore. It has been decided to sanction an additional Rs 170 crore to end the water woes in municipalities within the ORR,” the Minister said, pointing out that the State government had already sanctioned Rs 1,200 crore to improve supply of drinking water to these localities.

“Out of the Rs 170 crore additional amount sanctioned, Rs 25 crore will be granted to Kukatpally. Around 90 per cent of the water problem has been solved and the remaining 10 per cent will be fixed with the sanctioned amount,” he said adding that the efforts of the State government to address water shortage had borne fruit with no more protests staged outside Water Board offices, nor were there protests with empty pots.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .


Also Read

- Advertisement -

Latest News

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -