Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Ten Killed In Meerut Building Collapse

Ten killed in Meerut building collapse

Three-storey house collapsed, trapping 15 people under the debris

By PTI
Updated On - 15 September 2024, 12:59 PM
Ten killed in Meerut building collapse
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Meerut/Lucknow: Ten people were killed in the collapse of a three-storey house in Zakir Nagar, Meerut, as rescue work at the site is still under way, the district administration said on Sunday.

In a statement, the administration said one person is feared to be still trapped under the debris.


The deceased have been identified as Sajid (40), his daughter Saniya (15), son Saqib (11), Simra (one-and-half years), Reeza (7), Naffo (63), Farhana (20), Alisa (18), Aliya (6) and Rimsa (five months).

The condition of Sofiyan (6) is stable, the administration said in the statement. Of those injured, Naeem (22), Nadeem (26), Saqib (20) and Saina (38) are undergoing treatment at the Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College.

The three-storey house collapsed on Saturday afternoon, trapping 15 people under the debris. Speaking to reporters, Meerut District Magistrate of Deepak Meena said, “When the rescue operation started, the relatives gave information about 15 persons. Three managed to escape when the building was collapsing.”

“The death toll stands at 10 till now while five persons are alive. The rescue operations will continue till the entire debris is removed,” the officer said.

“The bodies have been kept at the medical college and a post-mortem examination is being conducted,” he said.

Senior officials, including Meerut Zone Additional Director General of Police DK Thakur, Divisional Commissioner Selva Kumari J, Inspector General of Police Nachiketa Jha and Senior Superintendent of Police Vipin Tada, reached the spot to monitor the rescue operation.

The NDRF, fire brigade and police teams are engaged in the rescue operation.

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s office posted on X, “Relief money of Rs 4 lakh each has been provided to the families of the deceased. So far, relief money has been provided to 30 affected people in connection with the loss of 30 animals. 3,056 houses have been damaged. Relief assistance has been distributed in connection.”

It further said that the incident occurred around 5:15 p.m. following which the emergency services were alerted.

The owner of the building has been identified as Nafo Alauddin. He ran a dairy from the building. Taking cognisance of the collapse, Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath directed the officials to reach the spot and expedite the relief work.

He has also instructed the officials to provide proper treatment to the injured.

Meerut Division Commissioner Selva Kumari J, Senior Superintendent of Police Vipin Tada, and City Superintendent of Police Ayush Vikram Singh are present at the spot. People from the neighbourhood are also helping in the rescue efforts.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Building Collapse
  • Meerut
  • National Disaster Response Force
  • State Disaster Response Force

Related News

  • Miyapur rescue operation continues as Balaiah remains missing

    Miyapur rescue operation continues as Balaiah remains missing

  • Meerut, Ghaziabad schools, colleges to remain shut till Aug 12 amid Kanwar Yatra

    Meerut, Ghaziabad schools, colleges to remain shut till Aug 12 amid Kanwar Yatra

  • UP: Pair of Hindu-Muslim friends carry 251-litre kanwar to spread communal harmony message

    UP: Pair of Hindu-Muslim friends carry 251-litre kanwar to spread communal harmony message

  • Pune waste plant collapse: Death toll rises to three as rescue operations continue

    Pune waste plant collapse: Death toll rises to three as rescue operations continue

Latest News

  • Markets open flat as crude nears 92 USD, bond yields rise

    5 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad Traffic Police book 1,349 cases in week-long drive

    15 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad: 21-year-old beaten to death by friends after drinking session

    17 minutes ago
  • Shriya Saran’s daughter hides from paparazzi outside Mumbai temple

    22 minutes ago
  • Cartoon Today on Aug 19, 2026

    26 minutes ago
  • Harish Rao placed under house arrest ahead of Sanathnagar TIMS visit

    26 minutes ago
  • Rupee rises 1 paisa to 95.73 against US dollar as RBI intervention supports currency

    38 minutes ago
  • Mega158 first half edit locked after 40 days of shooting, interval fight promises high point

    44 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam