Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Tensions Mount As Iran Plans To Attack Israel In Next 48 Hours Say Reports

Tensions mount as Iran plans to attack Israel in next 48 hours, say reports

Israel holds high-level meet of security officials, mulls preemptive strike on Iran if it gets a full-proof intelligence report on possibility of attack

By IANS
Published Date - 5 August 2024, 10:02 AM
Tensions mount as Iran plans to attack Israel in next 48 hours, say reports
Smoke rises after a strike in an area in Lebanon next to the Israeli-Lebanese border at the Galilee region, as seen from the Israeli-annexed Golan Heights. — Photo:AP
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Tel Aviv: Israel is considering a preemptive strike on Iran amid reports of the latter preparing to attack it. Israeli media has reported that the US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken has already communicated to the G7 allies on the possibility of Iran attacking Israel in the next 48 hours.

He has, however, not communicated the exact timing of the attack as well as the volume of the attack. The media in the region has already reported that Israel is mulling the possibility of an advanced attack on Tehran if it gets a full-proof intelligence report on the possibility of an Iranian attack in the next 48 hours.

Also Read

  • Israel already in ‘multi-front war with Iran, its proxies, declares Netanyahu
  • War clouds hover over Israel as Hezbollah launches barrage of rockets

It may be recalled that senior officials of the Israeli establishment had already said that Israel had deep penetration within Tehran and getting full-proof and air-tight information on Iranian moves is not that difficult for its undercover agents. Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu convened Israel’s security chiefs for a meeting on Sunday evening.

The meeting was attended by Defence Minister Yoav Gallant, IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Herzi Halevi, Mossad head David Barnea and Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar. Sources in the Israel Defence establishment said that the meeting was held amid preparations for anticipated attacks on Israel by Iran and its proxies — Hezbollah, Hamas and Houthis.

The Hamas political chief and its public face, Ismail Haniyeh and Hezbollah’s military chief Fuad Shukr were assassinated in Tehran and Beirut last week. Iran has put the blame on Israel for Haniyeh’s death and has vowed to retaliate even though Israel has kept a studied silence on the murder of the high-profile Hamas leader.

However, Israel had claimed responsibility for the assassination of Faud Shukr. Israel is expecting an onslaught from Iran in the coming days and is discussing a wide range of options as to how it can best respond to, or prevent, an anticipated assault. According to sources in Israel’s Defence Ministry, there is information of an imminent strike by Iran. However, it is still unsure of the volume of the attack and hence is waiting for a complete report on the same for further action.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Antony Blinken
  • Benjamin Netanyahu
  • Fuad Shukr
  • Gaza

Related News

  • Indian national dies in Israel; suspect arrested

    Indian national dies in Israel; suspect arrested

  • PM Modi to address UNGA high-level meet in New York in September

    PM Modi to address UNGA high-level meet in New York in September

  • Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

    Trump threatens to bomb Oman amid Iran talks over Strait of Hormuz

  • India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

    India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

Latest News

  • EFLU suspends 14 students after NSUI-ABVP clash in Hyderabad

    17 minutes ago
  • Army Public School Bolarum students win TCS InQuizitive 2026 Hyderabad edition

    1 hour ago
  • Malkajgiri Municipal Corporation to implement ‘free left’ lanes at six stretches to ease traffic

    1 hour ago
  • Employees oppose blame game over Telangana’s 22-A land list controversy

    17 minutes ago
  • Telangana launches online complaint system for private schools

    2 hours ago
  • Treesa-Gayatri credit home crowd after reaching BWF World Championships quarterfinals

    2 hours ago
  • ACB registers DA case against Ibrahimpatnam revenue official, searches six locations

    47 minutes ago
  • KBR Park traffic loop leaves pedestrians struggling with missing footpaths, crossings

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam