Sunday, May 24, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Business | Tesla Chair Denies Report About Replacing Musk As Ceo

Tesla chair denies report about replacing Musk as CEO

The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reported that as sales and profits tanked with Musk focusing on his work with the Donald Trump administration, "Tesla's board began mulling a replacement, it also met with Musk, telling him he had to spend more time with Tesla"

By IANS
Published Date - 1 May 2025, 12:31 PM
Tesla chair denies report about replacing Musk as CEO
Elon Musk
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: After a report claimed that electric car maker Tesla’s board is planning to replace Elon Musk as CEO, Robyn Denholm, Chairman of the board of directors at Tesla Motors, on Thursday denied the report, saying “this is absolutely false”.

The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reported that as sales and profits tanked with Musk focusing on his work with the Donald Trump administration, “Tesla’s board began mulling a replacement, it also met with Musk, telling him he had to spend more time with Tesla”.


In a post on X social media platform, Denholm said there was a media report erroneously claiming that the Tesla Board had contacted recruitment firms to initiate a CEO search at the company.

“This is absolutely false (and this was communicated to the media before the report was published). The CEO of Tesla is Elon Musk and the Board is highly confident in his ability to continue executing on the exciting growth plan ahead,” Denholm posted. Musk also reacted, saying “WSJ is a discredit to journalism”.

According to the report, Tesla’s board beginning a search for a new chief executive and making demand on Musk would be a departure, as it |has traditionally been seen as extremely deferential to the billionaire|.

On Tesla Q1 earnings call last week, Musk confirmed he would soon spend most of his time at the EV major again. The news resulted in Tesla stock surging again. Tesla’s Q1 total revenue declined 9 per cent to $19.34 billion from $21.3 billion a year earlier. Automotive revenue dropped 20 per cent to $14 billion from $17.4 billion in the same period last year.

Net income also dropped 71 per cent to $409 million, from $1.39 billion a year ago.

Tesla said one reason for the decline was the need to update lines at its four vehicle factories to start making a refreshed version of its popular Model Y SUV. The electric car-maker refrained from promising growth this year and said it will “revisit our 2025 guidance in our Q2 update.”

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Elon Musk
  • Robyn Denholm
  • Tesla
  • The Wall Street Journal

Related News

  • Tesla opens first experience centre in Bengaluru, showcases Model Y lineup

    Tesla opens first experience centre in Bengaluru, showcases Model Y lineup

  • Elon Musk, X face French charges linked to child sexual abuse images

    Elon Musk, X face French charges linked to child sexual abuse images

  • Elon Musk accuses OpenAI, Sam Altman of betraying nonprofit roots in court trial

    Elon Musk accuses OpenAI, Sam Altman of betraying nonprofit roots in court trial

  • Elon Musk reacts as reported shooting incident at White House Correspondents’ Dinner sparks concern in US

    Elon Musk reacts as reported shooting incident at White House Correspondents’ Dinner sparks concern in US

Latest News

  • India issues travel advisory amid Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda and South Sudan

    14 mins ago
  • Andhra runner Venkataram Reddy earns India berth for Asian U-20 athletics meet

    26 mins ago
  • Why Salman Khan says he can never win an election

    35 mins ago
  • 6.0-magnitude earthquake jolts Hawaii, no tsunami threat issued

    37 mins ago
  • California declares emergency over hazardous chemical incident in Orange County

    32 mins ago
  • Cockroach Janta Party claims website, social media handles taken down

    9 hours ago
  • Historic day for Indian athletics: Gurindervir, Vishal, Tejaswin smash records

    9 hours ago
  • RCB’s Jacob Bethell ruled out of IPL play-offs due to finger injury

    9 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam