Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Three Killed Several Injured In Mass Shooting At North Carolina Restaurant

Three killed, several injured in mass shooting at North Carolina restaurant

At least three people were killed and several injured after a gunman opened fire from a boat at a waterfront restaurant in Southport, North Carolina. Authorities have launched a manhunt as victims were rushed to hospitals for treatment.

By IANS
Published Date - 28 September 2025, 09:38 AM
Three killed, several injured in mass shooting at North Carolina restaurant
Representational image.
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

North Carolina: An active shooter opened fire from a boat at a restaurant in North Carolina, killing at least three people and leaving several others injured before fleeing the scene, authorities confirmed.

The shooting occurred around 9:30 p.m. on Saturday (local time) at the American Fish Company, a popular pub and restaurant located at 150 Yacht Basin Drive in the Southport Yacht Basin area, about 20 miles south of Wilmington.


According to police, at least seven people were shot during the attack, including three who were pronounced dead at the scene.

The other victims were transported to local hospitals, though officials have not yet released details about their conditions.

City Manager Noah Saldo confirmed that a boat pulled up to the restaurant and began firing into the crowd before speeding away.

“Several people were taken to the hospital,” he said, adding that the figures may change as emergency crews continue their response.

The city administration urged residents to stay away from the area, remain indoors, and immediately report any suspicious activity to 911.

A public statement reiterated that while injuries had been confirmed, the exact number remained uncertain.

“Avoid the area and remain in your homes. Please report any suspicious activity immediately to 911,” the statement read.

The Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office confirmed they were assisting the Southport Police Department in handling the unfolding situation.

“The Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office is assisting the City of Southport Police Department, along with multiple law enforcement agencies throughout the county. Please keep all those affected, as well as our first responders, in your thoughts and prayers,” the sheriff’s office stated.

Chatter over emergency scanners suggested multiple fatalities beyond the confirmed toll, though officials have not verified those claims.

The situation, which unfolded near the American Fish Company, remains under investigation, with authorities continuing to search for the suspect.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • mass shooting
  • North Carolina
  • shooting
  • Three Killed

Related News

  • Photographer shot dead, associate injured in road rage firing in Ludhiana

    Photographer shot dead, associate injured in road rage firing in Ludhiana

  • Three major shooting competitions to be held in Hyderabad from August 18

    Three major shooting competitions to be held in Hyderabad from August 18

  • Man shot dead in UP over alleged power theft dispute

    Man shot dead in UP over alleged power theft dispute

  • Rajasthan hotel operator shot over food delay dies after ambulance overturns

    Rajasthan hotel operator shot over food delay dies after ambulance overturns

Latest News

  • Aisha Wahab becomes first Afghan-American elected to US Congress

    5 minutes ago
  • Charter plane carrying eight crashes in western Alaska

    19 minutes ago
  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    7 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    8 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    8 hours ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    9 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    8 hours ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    10 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam