Friday, May 22, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Twitter Serious Danger For Traditional Media To Control The Narrative Musk

Twitter serious danger for traditional media to control the narrative: Musk

Musk has always been at the loggerheads with traditional media.

By IANS
Published Date - 24 April 2023, 12:51 PM
Twitter serious danger for traditional media to control the narrative: Musk
File Photo of Elon Musk
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: Twitter CEO Elon Musk on Monday said that his micro-blogging platform has become a “serious danger” to traditional media outlets, as he restored legacy Blue check marks for influential users and celebrities.

Mario Nawfal, Co-founder and CEO at NFT Tech and founder of International Blockchain Consulting (IBC), said in a tweet that he never realised how much the media hates Musk until this week.

Also Read

  • Explained: Are Twitter blue ticks reinstated for users with over one million followers?
  • Elon Musk should give my Blue check mark to charity, says Stephen King

“Twitter gets criticised for $8 verification, yet no one talks about Instagram copying the strategy at almost double the price,” he posted, adding that the SpaceX launch, despite the unsurprising explosion, was a success and an incredible step forward for humanity, yet the media paints it as a failure.

“If NASA did the same thing, praise would dominate headlines. Something doesn’t add up,” posted Nawfal.

The Twitter CEO replied: “Yup. Twitter is a serious danger to their ability to control the narrative.”

Musk has always been at the loggerheads with traditional media.

After facing a severe backlash, Musk-run Twitter last week removed “government-funded media” labels on all accounts belonging to traditional publications and digital news outlets.

Twitter also deleted its web page explaining the “government-funded media” labels.

The micro-blogging platform earlier placed the ‘publicly-funded’ label to the BBC account and applied the ‘government-funded’ label to US-based NPR.

Twitter later placed more ‘government-funded media’ labels on the accounts of global news outlets like Australian Broadcasting Company (ABC Australia), Australia’s Special Broadcasting Service (SBS), New Zealand’s public broadcaster RNZ, Sweden’s SR Ekot and SVT, and Catalonia’s TV3.cat.

NPR decided to quit Twitter after the Musk-run platform labelled it as a government-funded organisation. After NPR, the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) also left Twitter after being labelled as government-backed media.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Elon Musk
  • Twitter

Related News

  • Elon Musk, X face French charges linked to child sexual abuse images

    Elon Musk, X face French charges linked to child sexual abuse images

  • Elon Musk accuses OpenAI, Sam Altman of betraying nonprofit roots in court trial

    Elon Musk accuses OpenAI, Sam Altman of betraying nonprofit roots in court trial

  • Elon Musk reacts as reported shooting incident at White House Correspondents’ Dinner sparks concern in US

    Elon Musk reacts as reported shooting incident at White House Correspondents’ Dinner sparks concern in US

  • Elon Musk drops key fraud claims in OpenAI lawsuit ahead of trial

    Elon Musk drops key fraud claims in OpenAI lawsuit ahead of trial

Latest News

  • CM Joseph Vijay expands Tamil Nadu Cabinet with VCK and IUML ministers

    1 min ago
  • Congress questions Centre after Rubio announces Venezuela President’s India visit

    6 mins ago
  • RBI Bulletin says India’s near-term outlook clouded by supply pressures

    10 mins ago
  • Hyderabad: Nepali gang suspected in murder of retired IPS officer’s wife

    9 mins ago
  • Nara Lokesh inaugurates 600 MW SAEL solar projects in Andhra Pradesh

    13 mins ago
  • India’s UPI to go live in Cyprus from next year

    15 mins ago
  • CBI arrests Pune lecturer in NEET UG 2026 paper leak case

    17 mins ago
  • Only 30 per cent students use school transport in Cyberabad: Survey

    19 mins ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam