Monday, May 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Cricket | Was Not Expecting That Coulter Nile On Being Released By Mumbai Indians

‘Was not expecting that’: Coulter-Nile on being released by Mumbai Indians

Coulter-Nile is currently playing for Big Bash League (BBL) franchise Melbourne Stars. On Wednesday, Melbourne Stars suffered a five-wicket defeat after Renegades chased down the 159-run target.

By ANI
Updated On - 22 January 2021, 11:19 AM
‘Was not expecting that’: Coulter-Nile on being released by Mumbai Indians
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Docklands [Australia], January 22 (ANI): Australia’s Nathan Coulter-Nile said he is not surprised over being released by the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Mumbai Indians, admitting that he was expecting that to happen.

Coulter-Nile is currently playing for Big Bash League (BBL) franchise Melbourne Stars. On Wednesday, Melbourne Stars suffered a five-wicket defeat after Renegades chased down the 159-run target. During the match, Coulter-Nile bowled the 19th over, conceding 19 runs which made it easy for Renegades to chase the target as they then needed just six runs from the final over.


“Yep, that was good. Just got smacked in the 19th [over], get off the field and get told I’m being flicked, get the email,” ESPN Cricinfo quoted Coulter-Nile as saying.

He further stated: “I was expecting that was going to happen. They paid overs for me so I thought that was going to happen. Hopefully, I can get picked up again this year. I’ve got nothing else on so hopefully I can get to the IPL.”

Defending champions Mumbai Indians on Wednesday retained their core-group and released seven players including Coulter-Nile and James Pattinson for the 2021 edition of the IPL.

Record five-time IPL title holders now have 18 players in their squad with seven spots open which can be filled in the mini-auction. MI can pick as many as four overseas players for the next season.

Mumbai has backed their core players which enabled them to lift the IPL trophy in back-to-back seasons.

With skipper Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock at the top, hard-hitting Australian batsman Chris Lynn is a solid back-up option for the team.

MI’s uncapped batsmen have performed exceptionally well in the middle order. Suryakumar Yadav and Ishan Kishan will hold the mantle for number three and four while the likes of 2010 Emerging Player of the Season Saurabh Tiwary, Punjab batter Anmolpreet Singh and Mumbai veteran Aditya Tare serve as dependable middle-order options. Not to forget, Tare along with de Kock and Kishan, is a full-time wicket-keeper too.

Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya and his brother Krunal Pandya will be ready for another season of fireworks with their dual abilities. Jasprit Bumrah and Trent Boult will return for another season of new-ball magic. Local boy Dhawal Kulkarni and UP’s left-arm sensation Mohsin Khan are the domestic options for Mahela’s men.

However, Lasith Malinga has decided to retire from franchise cricket. The Sri Lankan speedster informed his decision to the Mumbai Indians management earlier this month, making himself unavailable for the champion side’s retention wish list.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Australia
  • BBL
  • Big Bash League
  • Docklands

Related News

  • Ravi Shastri backs Sooryavanshi’s India call-up for Ireland T20Is

    Ravi Shastri backs Sooryavanshi’s India call-up for Ireland T20Is

  • Ambati Rayudu calls Sunil Narine the greatest player in IPL history

    Ambati Rayudu calls Sunil Narine the greatest player in IPL history

  • Rishabh Pant fined Rs 12 lakh for slow over-rate in IPL clash against CSK

    Rishabh Pant fined Rs 12 lakh for slow over-rate in IPL clash against CSK

  • Pollard fined for using abusive language for fourth umpire

    Pollard fined for using abusive language for fourth umpire

Latest News

  • Karimnagar maize farmers struggle as procurement delays hit centres

    25 seconds ago
  • How realme is building a smarter AIoT ecosystem for India’s multi-device lifestyle

    4 mins ago
  • Rupee hits fresh all-time low of 96.25 against US dollar amid oil price surge

    17 mins ago
  • Easy homemade fruit popsicles to beat the summer heat

    28 mins ago
  • Blinkit’s New ‘Scream Challenge’ Is Turning Ice Cream Orders Into Entertainment

    32 mins ago
  • IPL 2026: Starc’s over changed the result, RR were at least 20 runs short, admits Rathour

    44 mins ago
  • Stock markets open sharply lower as oil prices surge

    1 hour ago
  • PM Modi to visit Norway for 3rd India-Nordic Summit

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam