Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Yemens Houthis Claim Fresh Attacks Towards Israel

Yemen’s Houthis claim fresh attacks towards Israel

In a televised statement aired on the group's al-Masirah TV on Wednesday, Houthi military spokesperson Yahya Sarea said the group fired two drones at Ramon airport in southern Israel, and launched another drone towards a "vital target" in Tel Aviv.

By IANS
Published Date - 8 May 2025, 08:13 AM
Yemen’s Houthis claim fresh attacks towards Israel
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Sanaa: Yemen’s Houthi group has said that it had launched fresh drone attacks towards Israel, a day after it signed a ceasefire agreement with the US — a deal the group said does not extend to its operations against Israel.

In a televised statement aired on the group’s al-Masirah TV on Wednesday, Houthi military spokesperson Yahya Sarea said the group fired two drones at Ramon airport in southern Israel, and launched another drone towards a “vital target” in Tel Aviv.


No details were provided on the results of the strikes or their exact timing, though the Houthi TV reported it was in the past 24 hours.

Also on Wednesday, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced that it had intercepted a drone coming from the east, likely from Yemen.

The Houthi attacks came a day after Israeli Air Forces severely damaged Houthi-held Sanaa International Airport and Hodeidah port on the Red Sea in a series of deadly airstrikes.

On Tuesday, the US and Houthis agreed to an Oman-mediated deal to cease trading attacks after weeks of air strikes.

However, the Houthi group claimed it will continue launching attacks towards Israel until Israel ends its offensive in Gaza and lifts the blockade against Palestinians.

The US will halt its bombing campaign against Yemen’s Houthis after the Iran-aligned group agreed to stop targeting shipping in the Red Sea.

The halt — announced by the US President, Donald Trump, during an Oval Office meeting with Mark Carney, Canada’s Prime Minister, came on a day in which Israel claimed its jets had fully disabled Yemen’s main airport, including three civilian aircraft on the ground, in retaliation for a missile strike on Sunday that hit within the perimeter of Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion airport.

“The Houthis have announced… that they don’t want to fight any more. They just don’t want to fight. And we will honour that, and we will stop the bombings, and they have capitulated,” Trump said.

The agreement with the US follows a recent sharp intensification of air raids on Yemen, including with the participation of UK forces last week. Some of those strikes claimed civilian lives as well as those of Houthi fighters.

The Houthis have been firing at Israel and at shipping in the Red Sea since Israel began its military offensive against Hamas in Gaza after the Palestinian militant group’s deadly attack on Israel on October 7, 2023.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Canada
  • Donald Trump
  • Gaza
  • Hamas

Related News

  • Nearly 100 crore Indian electors issued special voter ID cards: ECI

    Nearly 100 crore Indian electors issued special voter ID cards: ECI

  • India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

    India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

  • Trump urges SAVE America Act citing Indian election system

    Trump urges SAVE America Act citing Indian election system

  • Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

    Iran’s president says peace MoU with US advanced with ‘dignity, power’

Latest News

  • Dhanush Srikanth nominated for prestigious Arjuna Award

    1 minute ago
  • Goa moves SC seeking life term for Tarun Tejpal in sexual assault case

    6 minutes ago
  • Woman killed after speeding car hits her in Madhapur

    28 minutes ago
  • Three sentenced to life for KPHB murder in 2010

    37 minutes ago
  • Photographer shot dead, associate injured in road rage firing in Ludhiana

    44 minutes ago
  • Trisha’s VIP treatment at I-Day event draws Murasoli’s criticism of Vijay

    55 minutes ago
  • Yash Satwalekar, Vignesh Reddy hit centuries in A-Division league

    1 hour ago
  • India seeks ‘positive and constructive’ relations with Bangladesh: MEA

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam