Nirmal: A young farmer was electrocuted when he accidentally touched an electrified fence set u to prevent wild animals at an agriculture field at Tirpelli village in Laxmanachanda mandal on Monday.
Laxmanachanda Sub-Inspector SK Younus said the deceased was Badgari Bheemesh (26), son of Linganna.
Bheemesh died on the spot when he came in contact with the live fence meant to prevent wild animals from entering a maize field adjacent to his farm, at around 6 am. He was returning after watering his paddy crop at the time of the mishap. His father got worried when his son did not return home by 9 am. A neighbouring farmer spotted the body and alerted the parents.
The farmer is survived by wife and two sons, both under 5 years.
Linganna lodged a complaint with the police. A case was registered against Bitling Rajnikanth, also a farmer, under Section 304 (2) (culpable homicide) of the Indian Penal Code and section 135 of Indian Electricity Act. Investigations are underway. The post-mortem of the body was conducted at Nirmal government hospital.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.