Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Bengaluru Fridge Horror Suspect Who Chopped Woman Into Pieces Ends Life

Bengaluru fridge horror: Suspect, who chopped woman into pieces, ends life

According to police officials, the accused, identified as Muktiranjan Pratap Ray (31), was found dead under Dhusuri Police Station limits in Bhadrak district of Odisha

By PTI
Published Date - 26 September 2024, 09:24 AM
Bengaluru fridge horror: Suspect, who chopped woman into pieces, ends life
Representational Image
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Bengaluru/Bhadrak: The main suspect in the brutal killing of a 29-year-old woman whose dismembered body was found in a refrigerator in Bengaluru died allegedly by hanging in Odisha, police said.

Police said the man was in a relationship with the victim, Mahalakshmi, and killed her following frequent arguments between them over her insisting to get married.


The accused, identified as Muktiranjan Pratap Ray (31), was found dead under the Dhusuri Police Station limits in Bhadrak district of Odisha, they said.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) Shekhar H Tekkannavar said in Bengaluru that the man was found hanging from a tree on Wednesday morning. In a purported suicide note found from the spot, he has confessed to the crime, according to Odisha police.

According to police in Bengaluru, the suspect and the woman were working in a garment shop where they met and become friends. The two were in a relationship.

Mahalakshmi was allegedly pressuring him to marry her. This led to constant arguments between them and led to an altercation. Apparently irked over this, the accused, who is allegedly very short-tempered, killed Mahalakshmi and later dismembered her body, police said, citing preliminary investigation.

After the killing, Ray called up his younger brother and told him to vacate the rented house immediately but when asked for the reason to do so, the deceased told his brother he could not communicate to him over phone and would meet him at home and tell him, a senior police officer said.

When the accused’s younger brother was interrogated, he revealed that after killing the woman, when Ray returned to his rented home here, he confessed to his brother about the murder and said he cannot stay in the city anymore and was leaving for their native place, he said.

“With the help of technical analysis and Call Record Details, the accused was identified and his mobile location was initially traced to West Bengal but later he switched it off. However, with the help of technical surveillance, his location was traced to a village in Odisha where we sent our teams to nab him,” he added. He changed places in Odisha.

Police are waiting for the final post mortem report to ascertain the exact cause of death. The maggot-infested body of Mahalakshmi, chopped into several pieces and stuffed into the fridge, was found by her mother and elder sister at her Vyalikaval home on Saturday.

The deceased woman’s estranged husband on Sunday expressed suspicion about the involvement of a man known to Mahalakshmi, who had been living alone, in her neighbourhood.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Bengaluru
  • Call Record Details
  • Karnataka
  • maggot-infested body

Related News

  • Mandya farmers protest Cauvery water release to Tamil Nadu

    Mandya farmers protest Cauvery water release to Tamil Nadu

  • Bengal CM Adhikari thanks PM Modi for approval of crucial railway project

    Bengal CM Adhikari thanks PM Modi for approval of crucial railway project

  • Global Chess League Season 4 tickets go on sale for Bengaluru matches

    Global Chess League Season 4 tickets go on sale for Bengaluru matches

  • CJP alleges venue owners faced threats, Kolkata meeting cancelled

    CJP alleges venue owners faced threats, Kolkata meeting cancelled

Latest News

  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    27 minutes ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    38 minutes ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    42 minutes ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    2 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    1 hour ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    2 hours ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    2 hours ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam