Saturday, May 23, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Canada To Accept 20000 Vulnerable Afghans As Taliban Blitz Continues

Canada to accept 20,000 vulnerable Afghans as Taliban blitz continues

Marco Mendicino, Canadian Immigration Minister said Friday the program will welcome 20,000 Afghans, targeting those who belong to groups vulnerable to persecution by the Taliban.

By ANI
Published Date - 14 August 2021, 09:33 AM
Canada to accept 20,000 vulnerable Afghans as Taliban blitz continues
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Ottawa: Canada on Friday (local time) announced it is expanding a program to resettle 20,000 Afghan refugees amid Taliban onslaught in Afghanistan.

Marco Mendicino, Canadian Immigration Minister said Friday the program will welcome 20,000 Afghans, targeting those who belong to groups vulnerable to persecution by the Taliban.


“Canada will build on its earlier special immigration programme to welcome over 20,000 vulnerable Afghan refugees. Our efforts will focus on those who are particularly vulnerable, including women leaders,” said Marco Mendicino, Canadian Minister of Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship.

Afghanistan is witnessing a surge in violence as the Taliban has intensified its offensive against Afghan forces and civilians with the complete pullback of foreign forces just a few weeks away.

Due to rising violence in the country by the Taliban, the situation is deteriorating badly as the terror group has been looting people and killing civilians after capturing multiple areas from the government.

As the security situation worsens, the Afghan people are leaving their home to reach safe places.

Due to rising violence in the country by the Taliban, the situation is deteriorating badly as the terror group has been looting people and killing civilians after capturing multiple areas from the government.

“Canada is expeditiously carrying out special resettlement operations to evacuate Afghan nationals who provided critical support to the Canadian mission. Many more Afghan lives are now under increasing threat and many have already fled,” said Marco Mendicino.

The Taliban escalated its offensive against the Afghan forces soon after the US forces started leaving Afghanistan in large numbers after the peace deal signed between Washington and the Taliban in February last year.

Taliban has toppled six provincial capitals in the past 24 hours which brings the total number of provinces fallen to the terrorists to 18, local media reported on Friday.

Khaama Press reported that centres of Kandahar, Helmand, Herat, Badghis, Ghor, Logar, Zabul, and Oruzgan provinces fell to the Taliban in the past 24 hours.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • 200 Rohingya refugees
  • Afghanistan
  • Canada
  • Taliban

Related News

  • Dr Reddy’s launches generic Semaglutide injection in Canada

    Dr Reddy’s launches generic Semaglutide injection in Canada

  • FIFA and AFC enable Afghan women to compete in international matches

    FIFA and AFC enable Afghan women to compete in international matches

  • Opinion: Pakistan-Taliban conflict — A war sold as counterterrorism but built for blowback

    Opinion: Pakistan-Taliban conflict — A war sold as counterterrorism but built for blowback

  • Indian-origin man shot dead in Canada’s Surrey

    Indian-origin man shot dead in Canada’s Surrey

Latest News

  • New US Green Card rule sparks outrage among immigrants

    2 mins ago
  • Tulsi Gabbard steps down as US Intelligence chief

    7 hours ago
  • Maintain peace and do not get anxious, Mahesh Kumar Goud appeals to Congress party cadre

    8 hours ago
  • Priest father-son duo die by suicide in Jangaon

    8 hours ago
  • Twisha Sharma case: Husband surrenders, Madhya Pradesh HC orders second autopsy

    8 hours ago
  • Pulwama mastermind’s father says son ‘got what he deserved’

    8 hours ago
  • Sexual harassment case: NCW directs separate PoSH committees across TCS offices

    8 hours ago
  • Tesla to open sales and service centre in Hyderabad

    8 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam