Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Hyderabad | Cantonment Residents Welcome Ktrs Tough Stand

Cantonment residents welcome KTR’s tough stand

Hyderabad: The battle for the rights of the people of the Secunderabad Cantonment, demanding better facilities and access to public roads, went a notch higher on Saturday with IT Minister KT Rama Rao’s ultimatum to the Local Military Authority. Rao’s statement, that power and water supply would be cut to Defence areas in Cantonment limits […]

By Telangana Today
Published Date - 12 March 2022, 11:07 PM
Cantonment residents welcome KTR’s tough stand
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Hyderabad: The battle for the rights of the people of the Secunderabad Cantonment, demanding better facilities and access to public roads, went a notch higher on Saturday with IT Minister KT Rama Rao’s ultimatum to the Local Military Authority.

Rao’s statement, that power and water supply would be cut to Defence areas in Cantonment limits in the city if the LMA continued to cause inconvenience to residents by blocking roads and opposing development works, was welcomed by the residents of the Cantonment, who pointed out that the LMA was blatantly disobeying orders from the Army Headquarters apart from not following the operation procedures listed out by the Defence Minister.

“We are happy to see the State government take a tough stand against the LMA who have not obeyed their own Army Headquarters orders and the SOP of the Raksha Mantri,” said CS Chandrashekhar, Secretary, Federation of North Eastern Colonies of Secunderabad. “They have been inconveniencing civilians for years now. Three municipalities – Kapra, Alwal and Malkajgiri – and five out of eight wards of SCB are badly affected due to their illegal acts like closure of 21 public roads, and five walls built blocking roads,” he said. “Though orders were issued by the Army headquarters asking them to reopen the roads and that this needs to be implemented ASAP, they have not done it. The only way is to act tough against LMA,” he added.

“Time to call out the hegemony of the Secunderabad Cantonment Board and the Defence Ministry on States and Corporations everywhere,” responded a Twitter user P Venkat Gandhi to the Minister’s statement in the Assembly. “They are negligent about our basic amenities, then we shall be stoic too. They have problem with giving us access, then we will have problem having them access our roads too. With all respect, chocking a part of city & civilians is crime!” (sic) tweeted another Twitter user Akhilesh Singi.

Some pointed out how union Minister of State Ajay Bhatt had stated in the Lok Sabha last year that only two roads in the SCB limits were closed, even when fact was that there were over 20 roads still off limits for the public. There were even roads that were not under the LMA but still closed, like the service road under the RK Puram flyover. This approach of lying and continuing to put civilians to inconvenience had to be taken head on, they said.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .


  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • KT Rama Rao
  • Local Military Authority
  • Secunderabad Cantonment Board

Related News

  • KT Rama Rao, Harish Rao condole death of Virahat Ali’s mother

    KT Rama Rao, Harish Rao condole death of Virahat Ali’s mother

  • KTR condemns removal of Peddi Sudarshan Reddy’s statue, calls it barbaric

    KTR condemns removal of Peddi Sudarshan Reddy’s statue, calls it barbaric

  • KTR urges government to expedite pending TIMS projects

    KTR urges government to expedite pending TIMS projects

  • Kalyana Lakshmi scheme row: BRS to stage protests across Telangana

    Kalyana Lakshmi scheme row: BRS to stage protests across Telangana

Latest News

  • India’s passenger EV market grows 102 per cent in Q2

    4 minutes ago
  • ICC overturns Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium demerit point after pitch rating appeal

    8 minutes ago
  • Watch: Sajjanar inspects one-way traffic system around KBR Park

    8 minutes ago
  • GHMC gears up for Ganesh Chaturthi, idol immersion arrangements in Hyderabad

    20 minutes ago
  • Malkajgiri police raid spice unit, seize 10.89 tonnes of adulterated powders

    23 minutes ago
  • Talasani Srinivas Yadav asks Revanth Reddy to exercise restraint in political remarks

    24 minutes ago
  • Telangana records Rs 19,266 crore revenue deficit in four months: CAG

    31 minutes ago
  • Premier League 2026/27: Arsenal begin title defence as Coventry, Hull and Ipswich return

    32 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam