Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Elon Musk Warns Trump Tariffs May Cause Recession Tesla Stock Tumbles 14

Elon Musk warns Trump tariffs may cause recession, Tesla stock tumbles 14%

Elon Musk has warned that Donald Trump’s new trade tariffs could trigger a US recession in the second half of the year. The fallout between the two escalated after Musk announced decommissioning SpaceX's Dragon and Tesla stock plummeted 14%.

By IANS
Published Date - 6 June 2025, 04:47 PM
Elon Musk warns Trump tariffs may cause recession, Tesla stock tumbles 14%
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Washington: Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk on Friday said that Donald Trump’s aggressive new trade tariffs could trigger the recession by the second half of this year.

The statements came as the public feud between the world’s richest man and US President escalated further.

Also Read

  • Elon Musk calls for Trump’s impeachment, announces SpaceX Dragon decommissioning

“The Trump tariffs will cause a recession in the second half of this year,” Musk posted on his X platform.

“If America goes broke, nothing else matters,” he added.

The face-off between them sent shockwaves through the financial markets, with Tesla’s stock plunging over 14 per cent on Thursday (US time), erasing nearly $150 billion in market value.

Trump also said that the “easiest way” for the government to save money would be to “terminate” contracts and subsidies going to billionaire and former adviser Musk.

Musk replied: “In light of the President’s statement about cancellation of my government contracts, SpaceX will begin decommissioning its Dragon spacecraft immediately”.

Trump’s threat came after Musk accused the US President of “ingratitude” and said he would have lost the election without him, after the billionaire donated more than $250 million to help elect him last year.

“Oh and some food for thought as they ponder this question: Trump has 3.5 years left as President, but I will be around for 40+ years,” posted Musk.

The breakup between the US President and the world’s richest man is unfurling much like their relationship started — rapidly, intensely and very publicly.

Trump said he was “very disappointed” with Musk after the billionaire lambasted the President’s signature bill of tax cuts and spending plans.

“Whatever,” Musk wrote on his social media platform while responding to Trump in real time.

Musk bid farewell to Trump last week in a subdued news conference in the Oval Office, where he sported a black eye that he said came from his young son but that seemed to be a metaphor for his messy time in government service.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Elon Musk
  • recession
  • Trump
  • X

Related News

  • Kejriwal says social media account restricted in India, questions Meta

    Kejriwal says social media account restricted in India, questions Meta

  • Elon Musk loses over $600 billion as SpaceX and Tesla shares tumble

    Elon Musk loses over $600 billion as SpaceX and Tesla shares tumble

  • Elon Musk’s xAI challenges Minnesota’s first-in-nation AI nudification ban

    Elon Musk’s xAI challenges Minnesota’s first-in-nation AI nudification ban

  • Parliamentary panel summons Meta, Google, X, Snapchat over social media regulation

    Parliamentary panel summons Meta, Google, X, Snapchat over social media regulation

Latest News

  • EFLU suspends 14 students after NSUI-ABVP clash in Hyderabad

    17 minutes ago
  • Army Public School Bolarum students win TCS InQuizitive 2026 Hyderabad edition

    1 hour ago
  • Malkajgiri Municipal Corporation to implement ‘free left’ lanes at six stretches to ease traffic

    1 hour ago
  • Employees oppose blame game over Telangana’s 22-A land list controversy

    18 minutes ago
  • Telangana launches online complaint system for private schools

    2 hours ago
  • Treesa-Gayatri credit home crowd after reaching BWF World Championships quarterfinals

    2 hours ago
  • ACB registers DA case against Ibrahimpatnam revenue official, searches six locations

    48 minutes ago
  • KBR Park traffic loop leaves pedestrians struggling with missing footpaths, crossings

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam