Monday, May 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | First Human Gets Brain Implant From Neuralink Recovering Well Elon Musk

First human gets brain implant from Neuralink, recovering well: Elon Musk

Neuralink last year received the US Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) approval for human trials and said in September it was looking for its first test subjects for the six-year initial trial.

By IANS
Published Date - 30 January 2024, 10:58 AM
First human gets brain implant from Neuralink, recovering well: Elon Musk
Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has announced that his brain-computer interface company Neuralink has successfully achieved its first human implant, and the test subject is recovering well. Musk said that the company’s first product, called Telepathy, would bring control of a phone or computer just by thinking.

Neuralink last year received the US Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) approval for human trials and said in September it was looking for its first test subjects for the six-year initial trial. “The first human received an implant from @Neuralink yesterday and is recovering well,” Musk posted on X late on Monday.


“Initial results show promising neuron spike detection,” he added. The first Neuralink product is called Telepathy, informed Musk. According to the billionaire, it will enable control of your phone or computer, and through them almost any device, just by thinking.

“Initial users will be those who have lost the use of their limbs. Imagine if Stephen Hawking could communicate faster than a speed typist or auctioneer. That is the goal,” Musk further said. In November last year, the brain-computer interface company raised an additional $43 million in venture capital, according to a filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

The filing showed that the company raised its previous tranche, led by Peter Thiel’s Founders Fund, from $280 million to $323 million in early August. Thirty-two investors participated in the round, as per the filing. Neuralink, which was founded in 2016, has developed a sewing machine-like device capable of implanting ultra-thin threads inside the brain. The threads connect to a custom-designed chip with electrodes that can read data from groups of neurons.

“The PRIME Study (short for Precise Robotically Implanted Brain-Computer Interface) aims to evaluate the safety of our implant (N1) and surgical robot (R1) and assess the initial functionality of our wireless brain-computer interface for enabling people with paralysis to control external devices with their thoughts,” the company had said in a statement.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • brain implant
  • Elon Musk
  • Neuralink

Related News

  • Elon Musk, X face French charges linked to child sexual abuse images

    Elon Musk, X face French charges linked to child sexual abuse images

  • Elon Musk accuses OpenAI, Sam Altman of betraying nonprofit roots in court trial

    Elon Musk accuses OpenAI, Sam Altman of betraying nonprofit roots in court trial

  • Elon Musk reacts as reported shooting incident at White House Correspondents’ Dinner sparks concern in US

    Elon Musk reacts as reported shooting incident at White House Correspondents’ Dinner sparks concern in US

  • Elon Musk drops key fraud claims in OpenAI lawsuit ahead of trial

    Elon Musk drops key fraud claims in OpenAI lawsuit ahead of trial

Latest News

  • DRI catches man with protected Red Sand Boas in Warangal

    5 seconds ago
  • Minister Sanjeev Arora sent to 14-day judicial custody

    19 seconds ago
  • ED attaches Rs 700 crore assets linked to late gangster Iqbal Mirchi and family

    22 seconds ago
  • ‘Kohli delivers through performances, not reels’: IPL chief Arun Dhumal urges cricketers to stay focused New Delhi, May 18 (IANS) Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Arun Dhumal has urged cricketers to prioritise their on-field performances over social media activity during tournaments, saying players should remain focused on cricket instead of spending time making reels and behind-the-scenes content. Dhumal stressed that while social media has become an integral part of modern sport, players must ensure it does not become a distraction during high-pressure tournaments like the Indian Premier League (IPL). Speaking to IANS, the IPL chairman gave the example of star batter Virat Kohli, who has a massive fanbase, but he remains focused on cricket during major tournaments. “Cricketers should focus on realities rather than reels. Take Virat Kohli, for example — despite having a massive social media following, he remains completely focused on cricket when he is on the field. He has delivered results through his performances, not through reels. I feel players should avoid indulging in making reels while a tournament is underway,” IPL chairman Arun Dhumal told IANS. Dhumal’s remarks come amid growing scrutiny around the social media activities of players during the IPL 2026 season. Arshdeep Singh recently found himself in controversy after reports claimed the BCCI had warned him over behind-the-scenes vlogging content involving fellow players. One of his travel vlogs allegedly showed Yuzvendra Chahal vaping during a team flight to Hyderabad. Clips from the video went viral on social media before the original upload was reportedly edited. In another incident, a Snapchat video featuring Tilak Varma sparked criticism online. In the clip, Arshdeep jokingly referred to Tilak as “andhere” and suggested he should apply sunscreen, comments that several users criticised for carrying racist undertones. The recent incidents have once again brought attention to player behaviour and online conduct during the IPL season. Earlier this month, the BCCI reportedly circulated fresh operational and security guidelines to all 10 IPL franchises. The advisory included instructions related to social media behaviour, anti-corruption protocols, smoking and vaping restrictions, and player conduct during the tournament. –IANS sds/bsk/

    2 mins ago
  • Modi awarded Norway’s top civilian recognition

    18 mins ago
  • SC says Patna High Court best forum for Bihar senior citizen plea

    32 mins ago
  • TCA alleges financial irregularities in HCA; seeks immediate freeze on TG20 League

    32 mins ago
  • Canara Bank clinch HCA D-Division Title with eight-wicket win over FCI

    42 mins ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam