Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Go First Flight Cancellations Extended Until August 11 Citing Operational Reasons

Go First flight cancellations extended until August 11 citing ‘operational reasons’

Go First airline, which has been grounded since early May, has announced a further extension of flight cancellations till August 11

By ANI
Published Date - 8 August 2023, 11:30 PM
Go First flight cancellations extended until August 11 citing ‘operational reasons’
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: Go First airline, which has been grounded since early May, has announced a further extension of flight cancellations till August 11, the airline announced in a tweet on Tuesday.

Due to operational reasons, Go First flights until 6th August 2023 are cancelled. We apologise for the inconvenience caused…,” the airline tweeted.

Also Read

  • SC refuses to entertain Go First’s petition against Delhi HC order permitting lessors to inspect, maintain leased aircraft
  • Go First insolvency: NCLT directs RP to file details on recent developments

Go First has also issued a statement, which it has posted along with the tweet, saying that the company has filed an application for immediate resolution and revival of operations and is optimistic about resuming bookings shortly.
“As you are aware, the company has filed an application for immediate resolution and revival of operations. We will be able to resume bookings shortly,” the airline stated.

“We regret to inform that due to operational reasons, Go First flights scheduled till August 11, 2023 have been cancelled. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the flight cancellations. We acknowledge the flight cancellations might have disrupted your travel plans and we are committed to providing all the assistance we can,” Go First said in the statement.

Earlier on May 2, Go First cancelled its flights and filed for voluntary bankruptcy before the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), alleging delays on the part of a US-based engine maker, Pratt and Whitney, for its inability to promptly meet obligations — leading to the grounding of a portion of its fleet.

DGCA has conditionally allowed the grounded airline Go First to resume its operations. Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) had said Go First may resume scheduled flight operations on the availability of interim funding and approval of flight schedule by the regulator. The regulator had allowed the operation of 15 aircraft and 114 daily flights.

The airline has approximately 4,200 employees, and it reported total revenue from operations at Rs 4,183 crore in the financial year 2021-22. There were reports that the grounding of the Go First flights had put pressure on airfares, particularly on select routes where it had a footprint.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • DGCA
  • Go First
  • NCLT

Related News

  • Air India pilot reportedly tests positive for narcotic substance after Phuket-Delhi flight incident

    Air India pilot reportedly tests positive for narcotic substance after Phuket-Delhi flight incident

  • DGCA probes Cessna training aircraft runway excursion at Baramati airfield in Maharashtra

    DGCA probes Cessna training aircraft runway excursion at Baramati airfield in Maharashtra

  • Air India pilot undergoes confirmatory test after initial screening flags further analysis

    Air India pilot undergoes confirmatory test after initial screening flags further analysis

  • Air India flight loses 300 feet in turbulence, 15 injured

    Air India flight loses 300 feet in turbulence, 15 injured

Latest News

  • Satwik-Chirag advance at BWF World Championships after Scottish pair withdraws

    20 minutes ago
  • Harish Rao accuses Congress government of suppressing licensed surveyors

    52 minutes ago
  • KT Rama Rao, Harish Rao condole death of Virahat Ali’s mother

    1 hour ago
  • Dhruv Kapila-Tanisha Crasto advance to BWF World Championships third round

    1 hour ago
  • Manav Suthar’s 6-55 helps India seal 165-run win over Sri Lanka in Galle Test

    1 hour ago
  • Sunita Ahuja arrives at Bandra Court amidst ugly spat with Govinda

    1 hour ago
  • PV Sindhu reveals Virat Kohli advice that changed her perspective during tough phase

    2 hours ago
  • Samantha Ruth Prabhu shares holiday moments with husband Raj Nidimoru

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam