Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Hezbollah Says It Is Introducing New Weapons In Ongoing Battles With Israeli Troops

Hezbollah says it is introducing new weapons in ongoing battles with Israeli troops

Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah also blasted the United States over the Israel-Hamas war, saying it is the only country that can stop Israel's wide offensive on the Gaza Strip but doesn't do so

By AP
Published Date - 11 November 2023, 11:42 PM
Hezbollah says it is introducing new weapons in ongoing battles with Israeli troops
Photo: AP
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Beirut: The leader of Lebanon’s militant Hezbollah group said Saturday his fighters have introduced new weapons, including a missile with a heavy warhead in the ongoing fighting along the Lebanon-Israel border, adding that they will keep using the tense frontier to pressure Israel.

Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah also blasted the United States over the Israel-Hamas war, saying it is the only country that can stop Israel’s wide offensive on the Gaza Strip but doesn’t do so. He said attacks on U.S. troops in Iraq and Syria, that Washington says have reached more than 40 rockets and suicide drone attacks, will continue until the war in Gaza comes to an end.

Also Read

  • Israel-Hamas War: 11,000 Civilians Killed So Far | Is Israel Turning Cruel Against Gaza?

Nasrallah’s comments came as the situation along Lebanon’s southern border continues to escalate. Hezbollah on Friday attacked northern Israel with three suicide drones after an Israeli strike in central Syria killed seven Hezbollah fighters.

Nasrallah did not claim responsibility for a suicide drone attack that hit the Israeli Red Sea town of Eilat on Thursday but called it “a great achievement.” Hezbollah and Israeli troops have been exchanging fire along the Lebanon-Israel border since October 8, a day after Hamas’ deadly assault in southern Israel that left at least 1,200 Israeli civilians and troops dead and more than 200 taken hostages.

Hezbollah officials say that by attacking Israeli posts along the border, the Iran-backed group is keeping three Israeli army divisions busy at a time when Israeli troops are pushing into the Gaza Strip where more than 11,000 people have been killed over the past five weeks, according to the Hamas-run Health Ministry.

“The side that can stop this aggression, is the side that is managing this aggression. It is America,” Nasrallah said, referring to the United States, a main supporter of Israel.

Nasrallah said that the fighting along Lebanon’s southern border has witnessed changes in recent days, including the weapons used and the depth of the strikes inside Israel. He said that Hezbollah has been sending unmanned surveillance and reconnaissance drones into northern Israel some of which were shot down while others returned to base with information.

On Saturday Hezbollah said its fighters attacked at least three Israeli posts as well as an infantry unit on the Israeli side of the border, claiming to have scored direct hits.

An Israeli drone strike killed a fighter and wounded two others who are members of the Shiite Muslim Amal group of Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri, according to a statement released by the group that is allied with Hezbollah. Ali Daoud became the first Amal fighter to be killed in action since the fighting began, while Hezbollah has lost nearly 70 fighters during the past five weeks.

Nasrallah said the group on Saturday used one Burkan rocket against an Israeli military post along the border. He said the rocket can carry a warhead the weights between 300 kilograms (661 pounds) and 500 kilograms (1,100 pounds).

“You can imagine (what happens) when half a ton of explosives fall on Israeli posts,” Nasrallah said.

The Israeli military said its aircraft struck a series of Hezbollah targets in response to attacks from Lebanon. The military said the targets include infrastructure, military posts, weapons depots and intelligence infrastructure.

On Friday, Israel’s air force attacked a truck in the coastal town of Zahrani, about 40 kilometers (25 miles) north of the border, the deepest strike so far since the latest round of fighting began, according to Lebanese media outlets.

Speaking about the Muslim and Arab summit hosted by Saudi Arabia with the aim of devising their own cohesive strategy on Gaza, Nasrallah said the leaders of 57 countries “should stand united and scream in the face of Americans and ask them to stop this aggression, war and crimes” in Gaza.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Gaza
  • Hamas
  • Hezbollah
  • Israel

Related News

  • India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

    India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

  • Netanyahu says Israel will not withdraw from Gaza until Hamas is disarmed

    Netanyahu says Israel will not withdraw from Gaza until Hamas is disarmed

  • Trump says US agrees to hold off Iran attack as deal takes shape, cites Hormuz reopening

    Trump says US agrees to hold off Iran attack as deal takes shape, cites Hormuz reopening

  • Trump says Gaza deal reached for Hamas disarmament

    Trump says Gaza deal reached for Hamas disarmament

Latest News

  • Yash Satwalekar, Vignesh Reddy hit centuries in A-Division league

    3 minutes ago
  • India seeks ‘positive and constructive’ relations with Bangladesh: MEA

    10 minutes ago
  • P Roopa Rao wins 100m, 200m gold at Indian Athletics Series

    14 minutes ago
  • Bengaluru to host India’s first World Happpiness Summit

    20 minutes ago
  • Eight UP labourers killed, 32 injured as pickup collides with dumper in MP

    25 minutes ago
  • BRS leaders demand removal of Malkajgiri lands from 22A list

    29 minutes ago
  • Bombay HC suspends life sentence of Dabholkar murder convict Sachin Andure, grants bail

    40 minutes ago
  • Five cobras rescued in Hyderabad during Naga Panchami

    40 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam