Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Hundreds Of Flights Cancelled After Venezuela Operation

Hundreds of flights cancelled after Venezuela operation

US military action in Venezuela has disrupted Caribbean air travel, forcing airlines to cancel hundreds of flights and reroute planes. FAA airspace restrictions led to suspensions across Puerto Rico and nearby islands, with carriers waiving change fees

By AP
Published Date - 4 January 2026, 12:53 AM
Hundreds of flights cancelled after Venezuela operation
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New York: The US military operation that captured Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and flew him out of the country early Saturday has also disrupted Caribbean travel at a busy travel time for the region.

No airline flights were crossing over Venezuela on Saturday, according to FlightRadar24.com. And major airlines cancelled hundreds of flights across the eastern Caribbean region and warned passengers that the disruptions could continue for days after the Federal Aviation Administration imposed restrictions.

Also Read

  • US captures Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro in overnight raid

Flights to Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Aruba and other destinations near Venezuela were cancelled. The airlines are waiving change fees for passengers who have to reschedule their flights this weekend.

The FAA had earlier said it imposed a temporary airspace restriction on Puerto Rico’s international airport and surrounding regions.

An announcement by Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan posted on the social media site X said restrictions were put in place because of the “security situation related to military activity” in Venezuela.

As a result, most commercial airlines to and from the airport that are operated by US airlines have been suspended or may be cancelled.

Foreign airlines and military aircraft are not included in this restriction, the statement said. “Passengers are urged to check the status of their flight directly with their airline before heading to the airport.” JetBlue said it cancelled about 215 flights “due to airspace closures across the Caribbean related to military activity.” It also noted that flights to the Dominican Republic and Jamaica were not affected by the government’s restrictions. Customers could rebook their travel or request a refund if the flights were cancelled, the company said.

United said it was adjusting its schedule to account for airspace closures in the Venezuela region. It said customers could change their travel plans in the region for free as it continued to monitor the situation and worked with US aviation authorities.

Southwest said it cancelled all Aruba flights for Saturday and suspended Puerto Rico flights until late afternoon, but flights to the Dominican Republic were unaffected.

American said it was waiving change fees for flights to and from about 20 island destinations, including Anguilla, Antigua, Curacao, Saint Lucia and the US and British Virgin Islands.

Delta said it has issued a travel waiver for customers travelling to or from 13 impacted airports through Tuesday.

 

 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Caribbean travel
  • Flight cancellations
  • US military operation
  • Venezuela

Related News

  • US-Iran Conflict: Indian Airlines Cancel 26,000 International Flights as Operational Costs Soar

    US-Iran Conflict: Indian Airlines Cancel 26,000 International Flights as Operational Costs Soar

  • Venezuela June 24 earthquake death toll rises to 5,069

    Venezuela June 24 earthquake death toll rises to 5,069

  • Venezuela earthquake toll rises to 3,685; over 16,700 injured

    Venezuela earthquake toll rises to 3,685; over 16,700 injured

  • Venezuela quake death toll rises to 3,342

    Venezuela quake death toll rises to 3,342

Latest News

  • Honourable reception awaits Bangladesh PM Rahman if he visits India, says envoy

    3 minutes ago
  • 2026 Cincinnati Open: Sabalenka, Andreeva and Gauff advance to fourth round

    6 minutes ago
  • Trump orders halt to Iran talks: Report

    14 minutes ago
  • Ravi Teja will be seen in a never-before avatar in ‘Irumudi’: Shiva Nirvana

    17 minutes ago
  • Warehouse burns near Moscow. In Ukraine, drone crews prepare to strike again

    23 minutes ago
  • INCOIS issues swell surge warning along Kerala, south TN coast

    26 minutes ago
  • L&T Technology Services bags US$ 75-mn deal from global tech major

    41 minutes ago
  • Kakatiya University — Five Decades of a Grand Journey Illuminating the Knowledge Landscape of North Telangana!

    19 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam