Hyderabad: The police forces in Hyderabad, Cyberabad and Rachakonda are gearing up to counter property offenders who might try to target houses during the festival season.
With Dasara round the corner, a meeting was held to plan ways to prevent burglaries as people leave for their native places.
“Instructions were issued to keep a watch on local property offenders. A watch is being kept at railway stations, bus stations, lodges and temporary shelters to check movement of inter-state gangs,” Rachakonda Police Commissioner Mahesh M Bhagwat said.
Local Inspectors have been asked to ensure foot patrolling in areas where people go to their native places and if need be, to post pickets, he said, adding that awareness programmes were also taken up asking people to keep valuables safe.
“We have intensified patrolling and are questioning suspects moving in any area and checking if they exist in our records. Apart from patrol car constables, local mufti parties are also moving around,” DCP (East) Hyderabad M Ramesh said.
The Cyberabad police have released a video to educate the public. “The video is being circulated in all community WhatsApp groups,” DCP (Balanagar) PV Padmaja said.
- Inform neighbours while locking and leaving your home
- Inform local police about your vacation so that beat constables keep a watch
- Connect house surveillance camera network to your mobile phones
- Secure valuables in banks or other safe places before going on vacations
- Lock houses properly and keep vehicles at safer, well-guarded places
- Ask milk vendor and paper delivery boy to stop supply till you return
- Keep one or two lights on in the house
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.