Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Indian Embassy In Beirut Urges Citizens To Avoid Travel To Lebanon

Indian Embassy in Beirut urges citizens to avoid travel to Lebanon

They have urged Indian nationals living in Lebanon to leave the country as soon as possible and recommended that everyone exercise "extreme caution" while staying in touch with the Embassy, which must remain on-site amid the escalating situation.

By IANS
Updated On - 26 September 2024, 11:51 AM
Indian Embassy in Beirut urges citizens to avoid travel to Lebanon
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Beirut: The Indian Embassy in Beirut has issued an advisory strongly urging Indian citizens against travelling to Lebanon till further notice following the recent incident of airstrikes and blasts in communication devices.

They have also advised the Indian nationals residing in Lebanon to leave the country as soon as possible and further advised the people to exercise “extreme cautions” and remain in contact with the Embassy, who have to remain here amid the escalating situation.

Also Read

  • Hezbollah fires missile at Mossad in response to Israeli strikes on Lebanon

“As a reiteration of the advisory issued on August 1, 2024, and in view of the recent developments and escalations in the region, Indian nationals are strongly advised against travelling to Lebanon till further notice,” the Embassy said on Wednesday in their notice.

“All Indian nationals already in Lebanon are also strongly advised to leave Lebanon. Those who remain for any reason are advised to exercise extreme caution, restrict their movements, and remain in contact with the Embassy of India in Beirut through our email ID: cons.beirut@mea.gov.in or the emergency phone number +96176860128,” the Embassy said.

Earlier on September 24, the Lebanese Health Ministry confirmed that Israel’s recent military strikes on Lebanon have resulted in at least 558 fatalities, according to a report by Al Jazeera.

Of 558 people who have died from IDF strikes, 50 are children, the Lebanese Health Ministry said, adding that 1,835 people have been injured.

Notably, Israel continued striking Hezbollah positions in Lebanon while the Iran-backed terror group fired volleys of rockets at Haifa, Nahariya, the Galilee, and the Jezreel Valley overnight and Tuesday morning.

The Israel Defense Forces said the Air Force struck more than 1,600 targets in southern Lebanon and the Beqaa Valley, including missile launchers, command posts, and other terror infrastructure, including those located inside civilian homes.

Israeli artillery and tanks hit other Hezbollah targets in the areas of Ayta ash Shab and Ramyeh near the border.

The IDF said 210 rockets were fired into Israel on Monday. Several Israelis were treated for shrapnel, hurting themselves while making their way to shelter, or panic attacks.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • airstrikes
  • Beirut
  • Blasts
  • Indian citizens

Related News

  • Indian national dies in Israel; suspect arrested

    Indian national dies in Israel; suspect arrested

  • Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

    Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

  • US military launches new airstrikes to ‘swiftly punish’ Iran for deaths of US troops

    US military launches new airstrikes to ‘swiftly punish’ Iran for deaths of US troops

  • Bodies of 15 Indians killed in Vietnam boat tragedy moved to Ho Chi Minh City

    Bodies of 15 Indians killed in Vietnam boat tragedy moved to Ho Chi Minh City

Latest News

  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    4 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    4 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    5 hours ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    6 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    5 hours ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    6 hours ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    6 hours ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    6 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam