Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Israel Says Body Of Hamas Commander Mohammed Sinwar Recovered From Gaza Tunnel

Israel says body of Hamas commander Mohammed Sinwar recovered from Gaza tunnel

In a statement, the military said on Sunday that following an identification process, it had confirmed that "the body of Mohammed Sinwar was located in the underground tunnel route beneath the European Hospital in Khan Younis."

By IANS
Updated On - 10 June 2025, 07:33 AM
Israel says body of Hamas commander Mohammed Sinwar recovered from Gaza tunnel
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Jerusalem: The Israeli military said that it had recovered the body of Mohammed Sinwar, head of Hamas’ military wing, from a tunnel in the southern Gaza Strip and taken it to Israel.

In a statement, the military said on Sunday that following an identification process, it had confirmed that “the body of Mohammed Sinwar was located in the underground tunnel route beneath the European Hospital in Khan Younis.”


Sinwar and Muhammad Shabaneh, commander of Hamas’ Rafah Brigade, were killed in the tunnel on May 13 by the Israeli military and the Shin Bet intelligence agency, the statement said.

The bodies were found during a raid in the area that began on Wednesday under heavy airstrikes. The raid was still ongoing, Xinhua news agency reported.

“During searches in the underground tunnel route, several items belonging to Sinwar and Shabaneh were located, along with additional intelligence findings that were transferred for further investigation,” it said, without providing further details.

Additional bodies were recovered during the operation, and their identities are under examination, the military added.

In late May, the Israeli military first said Sinwar had been killed in an airstrike. Gaza health authorities said the strike killed at least six people and wounded 40.

Sinwar, 49, was described by the Israeli military as one of Hamas’ most senior and long-serving commanders, playing a central role in the October 7, 2023 attack on Israel.

He was the younger brother of Yahya Sinwar, the former Hamas leader in Gaza, who was killed by the Israeli military in October 2024.

Israeli attacks have continued to claim Palestinian lives, bringing the death toll in the enclave to 54,880 since October 2023, Gaza’s health authorities announced on Sunday, adding 126,227 others have been injured.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Gaza
  • Hamas
  • Israeli military
  • Mohammed Sinwar

Related News

  • Netanyahu says Israel will not withdraw from Gaza until Hamas is disarmed

    Netanyahu says Israel will not withdraw from Gaza until Hamas is disarmed

  • Trump says Gaza deal reached for Hamas disarmament

    Trump says Gaza deal reached for Hamas disarmament

  • Israeli airstrike targets funeral in Gaza, 7 dead, several injured

    Israeli airstrike targets funeral in Gaza, 7 dead, several injured

  • Sonia Gandhi attacks Modi government over silence on Gaza

    Sonia Gandhi attacks Modi government over silence on Gaza

Latest News

  • Actor Nidhi Agarwal appears before ED in betting app money laundering probe

    34 seconds ago
  • EAM Jaishankar, Singapore FM Balakrishnan discuss ways to deepen strategic ties

    6 minutes ago
  • Telangana CEO releases draft electoral roll after SIR enumeration

    1 minute ago
  • India’s makhana market likely to reach nearly Rs 12,000 crore by 2029-30

    19 minutes ago
  • India close in on victory after reducing Sri Lanka to 175/6 in Galle Test

    13 minutes ago
  • New US immigration rules may mean greater scrutiny for Indians seeking green cards

    29 minutes ago
  • Atlee calls Christopher Nolan’s ‘The Odyssey’ “an experience beyond cinema!”

    36 minutes ago
  • Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

    38 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam