Jagtial: Twenty-three students of Social Welfare Residential Women’s Degree College, Korutla, were taken ill. All the students were admitted to Korutla government area hospital to provide treatment.
The condition of all the students is stated to be stable. Students were served cabbage, dal and sambar for lunch. After the meal, they complained of stomachache and started vomiting due to food poisoning. Alerted hostel authorities shifted 10 students to hospital on Friday and another 13 students on Saturday morning.
Social welfare hostels’ regional health officer Sridhara Chary visited the hostel on Saturday and enquired about reasons for food poisoning. He said the health condition of students was stable.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday.