Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Education | Jee Mains Schedule No Of Times Exam Will Be Held To Be Announced Today

JEE-Mains schedule, no of times exam will be held to be announced today

The Education Minister has already clarified that there will be no change in the syllabus for medical entrance exam NEET or engineering entrance exam JEE-Main next year.

By PTI
Published Date - 16 December 2020, 01:28 PM
JEE-Mains schedule, no of times exam will be held to be announced today
File Photo: Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The Ministry of Education has examined the suggestions received for conducting JEE-Mains next year and the schedule will be announced on Wednesday, according to Union Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.

In an online interaction with students last week, the Minister had announced that the government is considering the possibility of holding the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) three or four times a year and a proposal is being evaluated on reducing the number of questions that students can attempt in JEE (Main) 2021.


“Thank you all for sharing your constructive suggestions regarding JEE (Main) exams. We have got your suggestions examined. I will be announcing the schedule, number of times the exam will be held at 6 PM today,” Nishank tweeted.

Thank you all for sharing your constructive suggestions regarding JEE (Main) exams. We have got your suggestions examined. I will be announcing the schedule, number of times the exam will be held at 6 PM today. Stay tuned.@DDNewslive @PIB_India @EduMinOfIndia @MIB_India pic.twitter.com/Ibp9QqhzOd

— Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) December 16, 2020


The Minister has already clarified that there will be no change in the syllabus for medical entrance exam NEET or engineering entrance exam JEE-Main next year.

Regarding the class 10 and 12 board exams, the minister had said the consultations with stakeholders are in progress for deciding the dates of board examinations and it will be announced soon based on the feedback from the stakeholders.

“The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is yet to take a decision on the dates of conducting board examinations including practicals. In case students are not able to do practical in classes before the examinations, alternatives to practical examinations will be explored,” he had said.

Schools across the country were closed in March to contain the spread of COVID-19 and partially reopened in some states from October 15. However, a few states decided to keep them closed in view of a spike in coronavirus cases.

The board exams that were being conducted in March had to be postponed mid-way. The exams were later cancelled, and the results were announced on the basis of an alternative assessment scheme.

Competitive exams like JEE and NEET were also postponed twice this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

There have been demands for postponement of board exams to May in view of the continued closure of schools and teaching-learning activities being completely online.


Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.

Click to follow Telangana Today Facebook page and Twitter .


 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Board Examinations
  • board exams
  • CBSE
  • Education

Related News

  • KBR Park one-way traffic system triggers confusion, snarls in Hyderabad

    KBR Park one-way traffic system triggers confusion, snarls in Hyderabad

  • ACB catches GHMC town planning supervisor accepting Rs 20,000 bribe

    ACB catches GHMC town planning supervisor accepting Rs 20,000 bribe

  • Hyderabad: 26-year-old shopkeeper dies of electrocution in Balanagar

    Hyderabad: 26-year-old shopkeeper dies of electrocution in Balanagar

  • Several Tollywood celebrities give up voting rights in Hyderabad

    Several Tollywood celebrities give up voting rights in Hyderabad

Latest News

  • New US green card rule may hit Indians

    4 minutes ago
  • Kiara Advani on ‘Toxic’: This one taught me to be comfortable with the unfamiliar

    11 minutes ago
  • ‘Vindictive politics’: SP hits out at BJP over ED raids on Azam Khan-linked locations

    16 minutes ago
  • Nearly 7 in 10 new EPFO subscribers are between 18–25 age group: Report

    23 minutes ago
  • Andhra govt allays fears over data centres affecting water supply to Vizag

    27 minutes ago
  • Shakira visits earthquake-hit schools in Colombia, announces 1 million usd relief effort

    29 minutes ago
  • Scottish MP Martyn Day marries Keralite Nitin Chand at Guruvayur

    39 minutes ago
  • Honourable reception awaits Bangladesh PM Rahman if he visits India, says envoy

    45 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam