Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Krafton Clarifying How Bgmi Was Removed From Google Apple App Stores

Krafton clarifying how BGMI was removed from Google, Apple app stores

New Delhi: Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) game developer Krafton said on Friday that it is clarifying how Apple and Google app stores removed the BGMI app from their respective app stores in the country. Google and Apple on Thursday pulled popular battle royale game BGMI from their respective app stores, following a government order. In a […]

By IANS
Published Date - 29 July 2022, 12:45 PM
Krafton clarifying how BGMI was removed from Google, Apple app stores
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) game developer Krafton said on Friday that it is clarifying how Apple and Google app stores removed the BGMI app from their respective app stores in the country.

Google and Apple on Thursday pulled popular battle royale game BGMI from their respective app stores, following a government order.


In a statement to IANS, South Korean video game company Krafton said that they “are clarifying how BGMI was removed from Google Play store and the Apple App store.”

“We will let you know once we get specific information,” the company added.

BGMI is the Indian version of PUBG Mobile, exclusively for players in the country developed and published by Krafton.

The game was released on July 2, 2021 for Android devices, and on August 18, 2021 for iOS devices, after the government had banned PUBG along with several other Chinese apps over national security concerns.

“On receipt of the order, following the established process, we have notified the affected developer and have blocked access to the app that remained available on the Play Store in India,” a Google spokesperson had told IANS.

Apple also removed the app from its App Store after receiving the government order.

Earlier this month, the game developer announced that its BGMI had surpassed 100 million registered users.

It also said that BGMI has completed one year of being the most loved game in India.

“BGMI’s first year has been a resounding success with millions of players joining to experience the game. We have brought in major tournaments, Indian-themed collaborations, and celebrated India-centric events with the community with a goal of curating gameplay unique to our Indian users,” Krafton CEO Changhan Kim had said in a statement.

In the last year, the game developer invested nearly $100 million to improve India’s local video game, e-sports, and entertainment startups to build a healthy gaming start-up ecosystem.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Battlegrounds Mobile India
  • Google
  • Krafton

Related News

  • Andhra govt allays fears over data centres affecting water supply to Vizag

    Andhra govt allays fears over data centres affecting water supply to Vizag

  • Parliamentary panel summons Meta, Google, X, Snapchat over social media regulation

    Parliamentary panel summons Meta, Google, X, Snapchat over social media regulation

  • Record over 1.7 bn people watched FIFA WC related videos on YouTube: Sundar Pichai

    Record over 1.7 bn people watched FIFA WC related videos on YouTube: Sundar Pichai

  • Google launches AI initiatives to boost innovation in India

    Google launches AI initiatives to boost innovation in India

Latest News

  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    6 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    6 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    6 hours ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    7 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    7 hours ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    8 hours ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    8 hours ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    8 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam