Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Sport | Lando Norris Wins Monaco Grand Prix To Reduce Oscar Piastris F1 Standings Lead

Lando Norris wins Monaco Grand Prix to reduce Oscar Piastri”s F1 standings lead

Lando Norris cruised to victory at the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday to cut teammate Oscar Piastri's Formula 1 standings lead

By AP
Updated On - 26 May 2025, 12:22 AM
Lando Norris wins Monaco Grand Prix to reduce Oscar Piastri”s F1 standings lead
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Monaco:  Lando Norris realized a childhood dream as he won the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday, and boosted his chances of achieving an even bigger goal, the Formula 1 title.

Norris took his first Grand Prix win since the season-opening Australian Grand Prix — though he did win a sprint race in Miami this month — and reduced his McLaren teammate Oscar Piastri’s lead from 13 points to three.


Starting on pole position, Norris locked up a wheel into the first corner but still managed to hold off last year’s winner, Charles Leclerc of Ferrari.

“It feels amazing. It’s a long, grueling race, but good fun,” Norris said. “This is what I dream of. This is what I did dream of when I was a kid.” Leclerc was second after closing in on Norris late in the race — though he wasn’t able to attempt a pass — while Piastri was third and defending champion Max Verstappen fourth, with seven-time champion Lewis Hamilton a distant fifth.

Verstappen’s gambitVerstappen was the leader on track until the second-to-last lap but only because he had yet to make his mandatory second pit stop under a rule change introduced in an attempt to spice up the Monaco Grand Prix, where overtaking is almost impossible.

Verstappen was almost certain to end the race fourth, no matter when he stopped, so he eased off, slowing down Norris and allowing Leclerc and Piastri to catch up. Verstappen seemed to be trying to pressure Norris into a costly mistake.

Norris said the end of the race was a “little bit nervous with Charles close behind and Max ahead, but we won in Monaco, so it doesn’t matter how you win, I guess.” Despite predictions it could allow some teams and drivers to spring a surprise, the rule had little overall impact on the results, except for a few cases of teams seemingly slowing down one car to benefit a teammate.

“We lost the race yesterday,” was Leclerc’s verdict, referring to the importance of qualifying on pole in Monaco, his home race.

Making history at McLarenIt was McLaren’s record-extending 16th win in Monaco and its first since a victory for a young Lewis Hamilton in 2008. Hamilton went on to win his first championship that year.

McLaren leaves Monaco with six wins from the first eight races of 2025 as its two drivers battle for the title. Even with just a third of the season gone, a second successive constructors’ title for McLaren looks all but assured, as the team’s 319 points are more than double the total of any other team.

Piastri was on the podium for the second year running in Monaco, and being disappointed with third was a sign of the progress he’s made in those 12 months. Second place a year ago was only the third career podium finish for the Australian, who had yet to win a Grand Prix. Third place on Sunday was Piastri’s seventh podium finish in a row.

“If this is a bad weekend,” Piastri said, “then it’s not going too badly at all.”

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Australian Grand Prix
  • Formula 1
  • Lando Norris
  • Max Verstappen

Related News

  • Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali says F1 entering exciting new era as global fanbase grows

    Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali says F1 entering exciting new era as global fanbase grows

  • Sepang returns to Formula 1 as Malaysia hosts Bahrain Grand Prix in 2026

    Sepang returns to Formula 1 as Malaysia hosts Bahrain Grand Prix in 2026

  • India-Monaco ties will continue to scale new heights in years ahead: Piyush Goyal

    India-Monaco ties will continue to scale new heights in years ahead: Piyush Goyal

  • Formula 1 extends Las Vegas Grand Prix contract through 2037

    Formula 1 extends Las Vegas Grand Prix contract through 2037

Latest News

  • Atlee calls Christopher Nolan’s ‘The Odyssey’ “an experience beyond cinema!”

    6 minutes ago
  • Baloch leader urges Trump to act over Pakistan airstrikes in Balochistan

    8 minutes ago
  • Zepto raises free-delivery threshold to Rs 199 during normal hours

    8 minutes ago
  • Astronauts remove faulty ISS antenna during spacewalk; out of time to install spare

    23 minutes ago
  • NEET: SC directs NTA to inform on steps taken to implement recommendations of Radhakrishnan panel

    24 minutes ago
  • Gold’s 9 pc surge drives inflows into cash, debt securities: Report

    34 minutes ago
  • Telangana HC directs Kaloji Narayana Rao University to treat NEET candidate as local

    35 minutes ago
  • Detergent added instead of salt in Mid-Day Meal in Bihar Sharif; Over two dozen children fall ill

    45 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam