Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Maharashtra Antf Busts Mephedrone Racket Destroys 3 Factories In Bengaluru

Maharashtra ANTF busts mephedrone racket, destroys 3 factories in Bengaluru

The Maharashtra ANTF busted an interstate mephedrone racket, dismantling three Bengaluru factories and seizing drugs and machinery worth Rs 55.88 crore. Four people were arrested, while efforts continue to nab two key suspects.

By PTI
Published Date - 28 December 2025, 11:24 AM
Maharashtra ANTF busts mephedrone racket, destroys 3 factories in Bengaluru
As many as 112 gm of Mephedrone samples of different purities were also seized along with the raw materials which were procured for further manufacture of Mephedrone of around 219.5 kg from the clandestine lab in the city outskirts.
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Thane: The Maharashtra Anti-Narcotics Task Force (ANTF) has busted an interstate drug manufacturing and distribution network, dismantling three mephedrone factories in Bengaluru and seizing contraband and machinery worth Rs 55.88 crore, officials said on Sunday.

The action, which is part of a state-wide crackdown against narcotics, began with the arrest of a man on the Pune-Mumbai Highway last week.


The Konkan unit of the ANTF seized mephedrone worth Rs 1.48 crore from the accused, Abdul Kader Rashid Sheikh, on the Pune-Mumbai highway at Vashi village in Navi Mumbai on December 21.

A case was registered, and the probe led the team to Prashant Yallapa Patil, a resident of Belgaum, who was involved in drug manufacturing, and they found out that the three factories were operating in Bengaluru.

Acting on this information, ANTF teams earlier this week arrested Suraj Ramesh Yadav and Malkhan Ramlal Bishnoi, both residents of Rajasthan, who were running the illegal operation in the Karnataka capital, the release stated.

The accused led investigators to the manufacturing units in NG Golahalli, Yerappanahalli and Kannur, and the raids resulted in the seizure of 21.4 kg of mephedrone, both in solid and liquid forms.

Machinery and chemicals used for production were confiscated, and all three factories were destroyed.

Preliminary findings suggest that mephedrone produced at these units was supplied to multiple states, and the proceeds were used to purchase real estate in Bengaluru.

Four persons have been arrested in connection with the case so far, while efforts are on to nab two key suspects.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • banned drugs
  • Bengaluru
  • Maharashtra News
  • Mephedrone drug

Related News

  • Global Chess League Season 4 tickets go on sale for Bengaluru matches

    Global Chess League Season 4 tickets go on sale for Bengaluru matches

  • Bengaluru double murder: Woman allegedly kills husband, child with lover’s help

    Bengaluru double murder: Woman allegedly kills husband, child with lover’s help

  • Bengaluru double murder twist: Woman killed husband with lover, strangled son who witnessed crime

    Bengaluru double murder twist: Woman killed husband with lover, strangled son who witnessed crime

  • Karnataka govt says forest staff fired in self-defence in Chamarajanagar forest encounter

    Karnataka govt says forest staff fired in self-defence in Chamarajanagar forest encounter

Latest News

  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    25 minutes ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    11 minutes ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    13 minutes ago
  • Karimnagar athlete Naga Chaitra qualifies for CBSE Nationals with gold, silver

    15 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad District Athletic Association to conduct athletics selection trials on August 22

    21 minutes ago
  • EFLU suspends 14 students after NSUI-ABVP clash in Hyderabad

    56 minutes ago
  • Army Public School Bolarum students win TCS InQuizitive 2026 Hyderabad edition

    2 hours ago
  • Malkajgiri Municipal Corporation to implement ‘free left’ lanes at six stretches to ease traffic

    2 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam