Hyderabad: A man died, allegedly due to asphyxiation, after he inhaled unknown poisonous gases while cleaning a drainage pipeline at the arrival terminal of the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Shamshabad here on Thursday evening.
The victim was identified as Narasimha Reddy (42), a plumber working for Faber Sindoori Facility Management Services. According to the police, as part of the maintenance work, Reddy and two other workers were checking for drainage leakages. They climbed to the ceiling with the help of a ladder and to clear the ducts, poured acid into the pipe.
“They poured acid into the drainage pipes to clear the blockage, when suddenly due to fumes and release of poisonous gases, Narasimha Reddy fell unconscious and died,” said N.Prakash Reddy, DCP Shamshabad, adding that the other two workers, Zakir and Ilyas, were safe.
A case was booked and the body was shifted to hospital for autopsy.
Now you can get handpicked stories from Telangana Today on Telegram everyday. Click the link to subscribe.