Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Musk Not Part Of Modi Trump Call On West Asia Clarifies India

Musk not part of Modi-Trump call on West Asia, clarifies India

The Centre clarified that the March 24 call between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump focused solely on West Asia developments. Reports claiming Elon Musk participated were dismissed as inaccurate amid heightened geopolitical tensions

By IANS
Published Date - 28 March 2026, 06:33 PM
Musk not part of Modi-Trump call on West Asia, clarifies India
File photo
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The Centre on Saturday clarified that the recent telephone conversation held on March 24 was exclusively between US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, dismissing reports that billionaire Elon Musk was also part of the discussion.

The call, which took place on Tuesday, marked the first interaction between the two leaders since the escalation of hostilities involving Israel and the United States against Iran beginning on February 28.

Also Read

  • Modi reviews States’ preparedness, calls for ‘Team India’ effort amid West Asia crisis

The conversation primarily focused on the evolving situation in West Asia.

“We have seen the story. The telephone conversation on March 24 was between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Donald Trump only,” a spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs said, firmly rejecting claims of any third-party participation.

“As has been stated earlier, it provided the opportunity for exchange of views on the situation in West Asia,” the spokesperson added, reiterating the official position.

The clarification came after a report by the New York Times, citing unnamed US officials, claimed that Elon Musk had joined the call between the two leaders.

“Elon Musk participated in a phone call on Tuesday with President Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India, an unusual appearance by a private citizen on a call between two heads of state during a wartime crisis,” the report stated.

The report further noted that Trump and Musk had experienced a fallout last year after the billionaire exited his role in the government, where he had been tasked with reducing the workforce.

However, it remained unclear why Musk would have been included in such a high-level diplomatic conversation or whether he had spoken during the call.

Following the conversation, Prime Minister Modi shared details of the exchange on X, highlighting the key issues discussed.

“Received a call from President Trump and had a useful exchange of views on the situation in West Asia. India supports de-escalation and restoration of peace at the earliest. Ensuring that the Strait of Hormuz remains open, secure and accessible is essential for the whole world. We agreed to stay in touch regarding efforts towards peace and stability,” the Prime Minister said in his post.

The government’s clarification seeks to put to rest speculation surrounding the reported involvement of a private individual in a sensitive diplomatic engagement between two heads of state during a period of heightened geopolitical tensions.

 

 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Elon Musk
  • India-US relations
  • Modi-Trump call
  • Strait of Hormuz

Related News

  • Iran, Oman agree on Strait of Hormuz shipping routes

    Iran, Oman agree on Strait of Hormuz shipping routes

  • Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

    Trump says US will claim Strait of Hormuz after defeating Iran

  • Sensex, Nifty end lower as oil prices rise amid Hormuz uncertainty

    Sensex, Nifty end lower as oil prices rise amid Hormuz uncertainty

  • Two UAE oil vessels attacked in Strait of Hormuz

    Two UAE oil vessels attacked in Strait of Hormuz

Latest News

  • JSSC-CGL exam cancellation triggers protests, over 2,000 employees face job uncertainty

    4 minutes ago
  • RBI faces challenge in predicting currency demand amid UPI growth

    14 minutes ago
  • Dasoju Sravan questions Congress govt’s loot of private property owners through 22A land restrictions

    18 minutes ago
  • Asifabad Congress faces internal rift over DCC chief Athram Suguna

    19 minutes ago
  • Bengaluru double murder: Woman allegedly kills husband, child with lover’s help

    25 minutes ago
  • India, Israel expect two more rounds of FTA talks, says ambassador

    39 minutes ago
  • AP Police launch hunt for shooting academy coach after family suicide

    54 minutes ago
  • Uttam Kumar Reddy directs cautious water release for irrigation

    59 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam