Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | News | Nadal Alcaraz Pull Out Of French Open Warm Up Tournament In Monte Carlo

Nadal, Alcaraz pull out of French Open warm-up tournament in Monte Carlo

22-time Grand Slam Champion Rafael Nadal on Tuesday announced that he will miss the French Open warm-up tournament

By IANS
Published Date - 4 April 2023, 10:45 PM
Nadal, Alcaraz pull out of French Open warm-up tournament in Monte Carlo
File Photo
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New Delhi: The 22-time Grand Slam Champion Rafael Nadal on Tuesday announced that he will miss the French Open warm-up tournament, Monte Carlo Masters, as he is still nursing his hip injury.

The Monte Carlo Masters is slated to take place from April 8-16 which will mark the beginning of the clay court season, where the 14-time Roland Garros champion has enjoyed immense success in his career.

Also Read

  • Rafael Nadal signs up to play in Monte Carlo Masters
  • Nadal reveals why he became super emotional at Federer’s retirement

“I’m still not ready to compete at the highest level. I will not be able to play in one of the most important tournaments of my career, Monte Carlo,” the Spaniard tweeted on Tuesday.

“I am not yet in a position to play with the maximum guarantees and I continue my preparation process, hoping to return soon,” he added.

Nadal has been out of action since his Australian Open second-round loss to American Mackenzie McDonald, where he aggravated a hip injury.

The Spaniard had also withdrawn from the Indian Wells Masters and Miami Open due to a grade 2 injury in the iliopsoas muscle in his left leg.

Last month at the draw ceremony of the Monte Carlo Masters, tournament director David Massey said that the Spaniard has signed up to compete in the tournament.

However, Nadal brushed off the claims, stating that he is unable to specify a definite timeframe for his return.

On the other hand, world No. 2 men’s singles tennis player Carlos Alcaraz also withdrew from the French Open warm-up tournament due to muscular discomfort.

“After two months abroad, I am happy to return home but sad because I finished my last match in Miami with physical discomfort. After visiting my doctor in Murcia today and being evaluated, I will not be able to go to Monte Carlo to start the clay court tour,” the Spaniard said on Twitter.

“I have post-traumatic arthritis in my left hand and muscular discomfort in the spine that needs rest to prepare for everything that is to come,” he said.

The 19-year-old, who became the youngest player to reach the tennis ranking summit last year, was dethroned from the No. 1 spot by Serbian great Novak Djokovic on Monday.

The 2022 US Open winner had a chance to reclaim the top spot in the French Open warm-up tournament as Djokovic’s lead over Alcaraz is slender with just 380 points.

 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • French Open
  • Monte Carlo Masters
  • Rafael Nadal

Related News

  • Wimbledon 2026: Aryna Sabalenka beats Jelena Ostapenko to set up fourth-round clash with Naomi Osaka

    Wimbledon 2026: Aryna Sabalenka beats Jelena Ostapenko to set up fourth-round clash with Naomi Osaka

  • Polish qualifier Maja Chwalinska creates history, reaches French Open final

    Polish qualifier Maja Chwalinska creates history, reaches French Open final

  • French Open: Maja Chwalinska beat Anna Kalinskaya to reach maiden Major semi-finals

    French Open: Maja Chwalinska beat Anna Kalinskaya to reach maiden Major semi-finals

  • French Open 2026: Vallejo fined $65,000 for sexist remarks on umpire

    French Open 2026: Vallejo fined $65,000 for sexist remarks on umpire

Latest News

  • Harish Rao accuses Congress government of suppressing licensed surveyors

    13 minutes ago
  • KT Rama Rao, Harish Rao condole death of Virahat Ali’s mother

    22 minutes ago
  • Dhruv Kapila-Tanisha Crasto advance to BWF World Championships third round

    24 minutes ago
  • Manav Suthar’s 6-55 helps India seal 165-run win over Sri Lanka in Galle Test

    47 minutes ago
  • Sunita Ahuja arrives at Bandra Court amidst ugly spat with Govinda

    48 minutes ago
  • PV Sindhu reveals Virat Kohli advice that changed her perspective during tough phase

    52 minutes ago
  • Samantha Ruth Prabhu shares holiday moments with husband Raj Nidimoru

    57 minutes ago
  • Chhattisgarh: Minor raped by father; fake papers used to facilitate delivery, sell her baby; 8 held

    59 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam