Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Naxalites Set Fire To 5 Vehicles 4 Mobile Towers In Chhattisgarhs Kanker

Naxalites set fire to 5 vehicles, 4 mobile towers in Chhattisgarh’s Kanker

Besides, the Naxals also blocked the Antagarh-Narayanpur state highway by cutting down five trees in the Tadoki police station area, according to Kanker Superintendent of Police (SP) Shalabh Sinha, who has confirmed the news of the incident.

By ANI
Published Date - 21 November 2022, 12:44 PM
Naxalites set fire to 5 vehicles, 4 mobile towers in Chhattisgarh’s Kanker
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Kanker: A group of Naxalites set fire to as many as five vehicles and four mobile towers in Atangarh assembly limits of Chhattisgarh‘s Kanker district on the intervening night of Sunday and Monday, an official said.

Besides, the Naxals also blocked the Antagarh-Narayanpur state highway by cutting down five trees in the Tadoki police station area, according to Kanker Superintendent of Police (SP) Shalabh Sinha, who has confirmed the news of the incident.

Also Read

  • BSF jawan injured in IED blast in Chhattisgarh
  • Kabaddi player dies after injury during match in Chhattisgarh

According to SP Shalabh Sinha, the Naxals carried out as many as eight incidents in Antahgarh town last night. They burned the PV-45 Jio mobile tower in the Koyalibeda area and also set fire to other Jio towers in Jiram Terai area, in Sirsangi of Antagarh area and in Badrangi. They blocked the Antagarh-Narayanpur state highway and road from Koylibeda to Marda village by cutting down trees.

The Naxals also burned a private bus just a kilometre from Koylibeda police station and ablaze JCB, Hyva, grader and tractor in Markanar, SP Sinha said.

Naxals also spread pamphlets in the Durgukondal police station area demanding to make North Bastar Division (Kanker, Narayanpur, Kodagaon) shutdown successful. It is written in the poster, “Make North Bastar Division shutdown successful in the protest against the killing of Comrade Darshan, Jagesh in a fake encounter on November 22.

We will take the revenge of comrades killed in the fake encounter.” On the other hand, Bastar Inspector General of Police (IG) P Sundarraj said, “In reaction to the death of DVCM Darshan Padda in the last month’s encounter, Naxals have called for a bandh (shutdown) call in North Bastar Division area.

Out of desperation, they have made soft targets, including public utility facilities like mobile towers etc.” Meanwhile, the blockage on the road and highway has been removed. Further investigation into the matter is underway, the official added.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Chhattisgarh
  • Kanker

Related News

  • Chhattisgarh: Minor raped by father; fake papers used to facilitate delivery, sell her baby; 8 held

    Chhattisgarh: Minor raped by father; fake papers used to facilitate delivery, sell her baby; 8 held

  • CBI arrests senior railway officer, aide in Chhattisgarh bribery case

    CBI arrests senior railway officer, aide in Chhattisgarh bribery case

  • 20 BSF personnel named for gallantry medal for 2024 Kanker anti-Naxal operation

    20 BSF personnel named for gallantry medal for 2024 Kanker anti-Naxal operation

  • SC refuses to interfere with Chhattigarh HC order on election plea against ex-CM Bhupesh Baghel

    SC refuses to interfere with Chhattigarh HC order on election plea against ex-CM Bhupesh Baghel

Latest News

  • Congress begins alliance talks with AAP, RGP ahead of 2027 Goa Assembly elections

    2 minutes ago
  • Pressure mounts on Konda Surekha as Congress MLAs demand strict action

    4 minutes ago
  • Zaheerabad gram panchayats oppose transfer of powers to industrial agencies

    8 minutes ago
  • Rashtrapati Bhavan withdraws communique on Change of Guard ceremony cancellation amid Tarique Rahman visit row

    13 minutes ago
  • Madhapur accident: Police say Sanjush may be arrested if further evidence warrants

    14 minutes ago
  • Rahul Gandhi protests at Delhi police station, seeks FIR over Sahil Lochab’s pellet injuries

    28 minutes ago
  • Hyderabad: Woman dies by suicide at KPHB hostel over job concerns

    29 minutes ago
  • Cyber fraudsters posing as ACB officials dupe Hyderabad engineer of Rs 10 lakh

    38 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam