Saturday, Aug 22, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | World | Netanyahu Defends Expanded Gaza Offensive Vows To Finish The Job Against Hamas

Netanyahu defends expanded Gaza offensive, vows to “finish the job” against Hamas

Israeli PM Netanyahu defends a wider Gaza offensive targeting Hamas strongholds beyond Gaza City amid growing international backlash. Heavy bombardment continues, and UN warns of dire humanitarian crisis as US backs Israel’s right to security.

By PTI
Published Date - 11 August 2025, 08:45 AM
Netanyahu defends expanded Gaza offensive, vows to “finish the job” against Hamas
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday defended a new military offensive in Gaza that is more sweeping than previously announced, declaring in the face of growing condemnation at home and abroad that Israel “has no choice but to finish the job and complete the defeat of Hamas.”

Even as more Israelis express concern over the 22-month war, Netanyahu said the security Cabinet last week instructed the dismantling of Hamas strongholds not only in Gaza City but also in the “central camps” and Muwasi. A source familiar with the operation, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media, confirmed that Israel plans it in both areas.


The camps — sheltering well over a half-million displaced people, according to the UN — had not been part of Israel’s announcement on Friday. It was not clear why, though Netanyahu faced criticism this weekend within his ruling coalition that targeting Gaza City was not enough. Netanyahu said there would be “safe zones,” but such designated areas have been bombed in the past.

Late on Sunday, heavy bombardment was reported in Gaza City. Shortly before midnight local time, broadcaster Al Jazeera said correspondent Anas al-Sharif was killed in a strike. Rami Mohanna, administrative director at the nearby Shifa Hospital, said the strike hit a tent for Al Jazeera journalists outside the hospital’s walls. Along with al-Sharif, three other journalists and a driver were killed.

Israel’s military confirmed it, asserting al-Sharif had “posed as a journalist” and alleging he was with Hamas. Al-Sharif had denied having any political affiliations. The Committee to Protect Journalists last month said it was gravely concerned for his safety and said he was a “targeted by an Israeli military smear campaign.”

Netanyahu spoke with Trump about plan

Netanyahu’s office late on Sunday said he had spoken with US President Donald Trump about the plan and thanked him for his “steadfast support.”

Rejecting starvation in Gaza as well as a “global campaign of lies,” Netanyahu spoke to foreign media just before an emergency meeting of the United Nations Security Council, a platform for outrage but little action on the war.

“Our goal is not to occupy Gaza, our goal is to free Gaza,” Netanyahu asserted. The goals, he said, include demilitarising the territory, the Israeli military having “overriding security control” and a non-Israeli civilian administration in charge.

Israel wants to increase the number of aid distribution sites in Gaza, he said, but in a later briefing to local media, he asserted, “There is no hunger. There was no hunger. There was a shortage, and there was certainly no policy of starvation.”

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Benjamin Netanyahu
  • Gaza
  • humanitarian crisis
  • Israel Hamas Conflict

Related News

  • PM Modi to address UNGA high-level meet in New York in September

    PM Modi to address UNGA high-level meet in New York in September

  • US envoy Jared Kushner meets Hamas chief in Cairo to revive Gaza ceasefire

    US envoy Jared Kushner meets Hamas chief in Cairo to revive Gaza ceasefire

  • Israel rejects Trump’s Gaza deal, insists on disarmament of Hamas

    Israel rejects Trump’s Gaza deal, insists on disarmament of Hamas

  • Netanyahu dials PM Modi, India, Israel reaffirm special strategic ties

    Netanyahu dials PM Modi, India, Israel reaffirm special strategic ties

Latest News

  • Liam Scott eyes Australia return after gaining international cricket experience

    41 seconds ago
  • Delhi’s Madhuban Chowk skywalk project 60 per cent complete, opening likely by November

    8 minutes ago
  • Free Aadhaar biometric update for children till Sept 30

    9 minutes ago
  • Harish asks OILFED to start operation of refinery at Oil Palm Factory

    12 minutes ago
  • Indore school children fall ill after eating mid-day meal, food samples sent for testing

    12 minutes ago
  • MMC reviews Ganesh Chaturthi immersion arrangements in Malkajgiri

    15 minutes ago
  • Students unhappy with govt talks on YISU-polytechnic merger

    18 minutes ago
  • Mohun Bagan edge East Bengal 1-0 in Durand Cup final

    19 minutes ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam