Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Telangana | Revanth Reddy Says Medigadda Inspection Pre Planned Slams Brs

Revanth Reddy says Medigadda inspection pre-planned, slams BRS

Revanth Reddy defended his Medigadda visit, calling it a pre-planned technical inspection. He accused BRS of diversion tactics, flagged Kaleshwaram irregularities, and pressed for a CBI probe while reaffirming the government’s commitment to repairs

By Telangana Today
Published Date - 20 April 2026, 09:43 PM
Revanth Reddy says Medigadda inspection pre-planned, slams BRS
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Hyderabad: Chief Minister A Revanth Reddy sought to counter criticism over the timing of his visit to the Medigadda barrage on Monday, which coincided with the BRS public meeting at Jagtial. He claimed that the visit had been planned a month in advance.

Speaking to reporters at the project site, he clarified that the inspection was led by technical experts from Mumbai and New Delhi, who do not function under the State government. He insisted the visit was purely technical and not politically motivated.

Also Read

  • BRS flexis, banners flood Jagtial as Praja Ashirvada Sabha draws huge crowd

Making a counter allegation, Revanth Reddy alleged that the BRS had deliberately planned its public meeting on the same day to divert attention. He said the party feared that experts would expose irregularities in the Kaleshwaram project.

During the press conference, the Chief Minister spoke at length about the project and developments since October 2023. He said nearly Rs.1 lakh crore was spent, but he said the project failed to provide irrigation water even to one lakh acres. Interestingly, while only thre pillars of Medigadda barrage in Block 7 sank, Revanth Reddy continued his oft-repeated claim of the entire Medigadda sinking.

He charged that the BRS government had not taken up repairs to the project despite the National Dam Safety Authority (NDSA) pointing out flaws in design, construction, quality and maintenance. He said the government sought a CBI probe into the alleged irregularities, but the Centre had not responded.

He took objection to BRS legislator and former Minister Harish Rao and former MP Vinod Kumar visiting New Delhi and said it was only meant to muster support from the BJP to avoid action. He said the BRS should make public details of their visit to Delhi.

The Chief Minister declared that the government was committed to repair the barrages and said the work on Tummadihatti project would also commence soon. He acknowledged that repairs would impose a financial burden and at the same time leaving the three barrages unattended would also be a burden. In the larger interest of providing irrigation water, the government decided to take up repairs, he stressed.

Earlier, Irrigation Minister N Uttam Kumar Reddy also said the Medigadda visit had been planned in advance during a meeting with various agencies, including the NDSA. He dismissed speculation linking the visit to political developments and said such claims were baseless.

 

 

 

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • BRS
  • Kaleshwaram
  • Medigadda Barrage
  • Revanth Reddy

Related News

  • Telangana tragedy: Couple and their two children die as car falls into well in Siddipet

    Telangana tragedy: Couple and their two children die as car falls into well in Siddipet

  • Revanth’s Parkal remarks widen rift in Warangal Congress; Sushmitha challenges CM

    Revanth’s Parkal remarks widen rift in Warangal Congress; Sushmitha challenges CM

  • Sanjeevaiah Park to host daily laser, water screen and musical fountain shows

    Sanjeevaiah Park to host daily laser, water screen and musical fountain shows

  • BRS seeks probe into suspected bogus votes registered in Hyderabad during SIR

    BRS seeks probe into suspected bogus votes registered in Hyderabad during SIR

Latest News

  • Gukesh vs Sindarov: Vidit says world champion’s title defence will test mental strength

    3 minutes ago
  • Withdraw GO 97, release White Paper on Skill University: BRS

    12 minutes ago
  • Ravneet Singh Bittu says Punjab CM cannot dismiss ED charges as politically motivated

    15 minutes ago
  • BRSV protests proposed merger of polytechnic education with Young India Skill University

    27 minutes ago
  • L&T-MHI consortium bags large order for driverless mass transit system at Dubai Airport

    37 minutes ago
  • Fisherman goes missing after falling into sea off Vizag coast

    53 minutes ago
  • Amit Shah chairs southern CMs conclave, Shivakumar flags delimitation 

    1 hour ago
  • ‘Ministers’ dogs better off than students,’ says CJP leader after visiting govt schools in Latur

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam