Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | India | Semi Lockdown In Karnataka After Unprecedented Surge In Covid Cases

Semi-lockdown in Karnataka after unprecedented surge in Covid cases

The night curfew has been extended till January 19 and weekend curfew is also being imposed as preventive measure to check the third wave of Covid-19 pandemic.

By IANS
Updated On - 5 January 2022, 10:07 AM
Semi-lockdown in Karnataka after unprecedented surge in Covid cases
Photo: IANS
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

Bengaluru: The Karnataka government has declared restrictions and announced new guidelines till January 19 in the wake of unprecedented surge of Covid-19 cases in the state on Tuesday.

The night curfew has been extended till January 19 and weekend curfew is also being imposed as preventive measure to check the third wave of Covid-19 pandemic.


Speaking to reporters after marathon meeting held to discuss the prevailing situation in the state held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai, Minister for Health K. Sudhakar has stated that classes from 1 to 9 standards have been suspended.

Pubs, bars, restaurants, theatres will operate with 50 per cent of their capacity during week days. At any given point of time, the devotees number is restricted to 50 in all religious places and prayer halls, he stated.

The number of guests for marriages is limited at 100 if the function is held in choultries, interior location and 200 for outdoor locations, he said.

International passengers if test positive at the airports will not have an option for home isolation. They will be directly send to government designated hospitals and hotels.

Those who returned from Goa state, would be tracked and tested again as most of Goa returnees are testing positive for Covid, Minister Sudhakar explained.

The RT-PCR negative report had been made compulsory for those travelling from Goa, Maharashtra and Kerala states. There will be intensive surveillance at the borders, he explained.

The government offices below the Under Secretary level operate with 50 per cent capacity and the services of the staff would be utilised by Health department. Above the Under Secretary rank officers would attend the offices fully, he said.

The state has seen a jump from 0.16 per cent to 3.12 per cent in terms of infections. “The infection is doubling in every 2-3 days. Earlier, in first and second waves it took about 8-15 days. We are seeing vertical growth of Covid cases this time,” he said.

Since Bengaluru is the epicentre of the infections, separate strategies are formulated by the government to deal with the situation in Bengaluru and rest of the state.

P. Ravikumar, Chief Secretary and Chairman State Executive Committee stated that Karnataka is witnessing alarming rate of increase in the number of patients which is attributed mainly due to Omicron variant. The number of patients getting doubled in less than 3 days, he added.

In Bengaluru Urban district, all schools and colleges except medical, para Medical will remain closed from January 6 except class 10, 11 and 12, he said.

Religious places are open only for darshan, and no seva is allowed.

Sports complexes and stadia are allowed to function with 50 per cent capacity.

All rallies, charnas, protests are prohibited. Any violations, legal action will be initiated under Disaster Management Act and IPC sections, he explained.

The weekend curfew will start from Friday 8 p.m. to Monday 5 a.m. Essential and emergency activities are allowed during weekend and night curfew.

All industries including IT industry are exempted from the restriction of curfew.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • COVID
  • Karnataka
  • lockdown

Related News

  • Former Minister Laxma Reddy hits out at Revanth Reddy over remarks on BRS rule

    Former Minister Laxma Reddy hits out at Revanth Reddy over remarks on BRS rule

  • Karnataka govt says forest staff fired in self-defence in Chamarajanagar forest encounter

    Karnataka govt says forest staff fired in self-defence in Chamarajanagar forest encounter

  • SC to hear Tamil Nadu’s plea against Karnataka over Cauvery water release

    SC to hear Tamil Nadu’s plea against Karnataka over Cauvery water release

  • RSS registration not needed to judge organisation: B.L. Santhosh

    RSS registration not needed to judge organisation: B.L. Santhosh

Latest News

  • Kejriwal alleges Delhi Police took Kuldeep Kumar from home early morning

    8 minutes ago
  • Tata Sons AGM adjourned as Tata Trusts fail to nominate representative

    9 minutes ago
  • Need to shorten OODA loop for operational superiority: Air Marshal Tejpal Singh

    42 minutes ago
  • Several Tollywood celebrities give up voting rights in Hyderabad

    42 minutes ago
  • Komatireddy Venkat Reddy suspects officials’ role in adding properties to 22-A list

    50 minutes ago
  • Three real estate agents arrested for duping woman in Adilabad

    59 minutes ago
  • 9.40 Lakh hit by Odisha floods as heavy rain continues

    60 minutes ago
  • Kumaran Charan wins Brilliant Trophy Open online chess tournament

    1 hour ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam